Thursday, February 25, 2010

7 & 2.5 today

Life at 7mo
  • 1st tooth popped out today, right on her bday. Bottom left.
  • Up on all fours and rocking, but still only army crawling and rolling to get places. Mostly traveling backwards.
  • Continues to be the pickiest eater ever. Somedays she likes bananas, other days she literally gags on them and does pursed lips/head shake/raspberry blowing in the spoon. Substitute any food for "banana" in the above sentence. The only consistency is inconsistency.
  • Has a solid nap and sleep schedule. The 2nd kid is SOO much easier with the sleeping. Maybe b/c she was sleep trained without even meaning to, just b/c she had to cry herself asleep while I was tending to other things. It literally was like 2 nights I think where she cried and ever since then I put her down and she puts herself to sleep. Naps and nighttime. It is amazing compared to the rigamaroll that was putting K to sleep.
  • Started Kindermusik, but we've only had 2 classes so she's still not too sure. She loves looking around at all the other babies.
  • Fave activity above and beyond all is watching K do whatever K does.

Life at 2.5yrs
  • Carrying on full conversations now
  • "Reads" to me, ie. points at the pics and just throws a bunch of words together and then ends with "and they lived happily ever after!"
  • I'd say about 90% potty trained. Still having issues with going #2.
  • Still eats more than any 2 year old I've ever met. Faves are pizza, pancakes, beans with what she thinks is cheese sauce (actually butternut squash), jello, fruit snacks, anything wrapped in a tortilla, grapes, blueberries. Who am I kidding, the list goes on and on.
  • Started Soccer Tots with Daddy on Sunday nights and LOVES it.
  • Finally likes going to church, but only if she goes to her "Horsey" class and only if Miss Lee Ann is there. Danger danger if not.
  • No offense to the CB, but I'm loving this age that K is at now. I think I've said that about every stage, and now having a second one coming behind, I really do appreciate all the things that come with age. More independence, more laughs, more interaction, more fun activities for us to do. And we really have come a long way with the tantrums. Not to say there aren't days that are trying, but she's at the point now where I give her a choice (you can do what I want or you can go to time out is usually the choice, phrased much nicer of course) and she knows which one to pick and normally does it without a fuss.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

love the combo post!