Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Conversation with 2.5yo

Mom catches daughter picking her nose, a new favorite pastime.
Mom: Do you need a tissue?
Daughter furtively looks away, closes her eyes but continues picking nose. She is convinced if she cannot see Mommy, Mommy cannot see her.
Mom: Would you like a tissue?
Daughter: Mommy, please stop talking. (Notice the "please," she knows she is not supposed to talk to me this way but thinks "please" solves everything)
Mom: (while giving "the look") Are you supposed to talk to Mommy like that?
Daughter: I just want to pick my nose.

You can't fault her for honesty I guess.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!

KC said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Love it. Too cute!

Jamie said...

the girl knows what she wants.

Randy Baldwin said...

I'll try that next time...

The Busy world of Tommy and Jack said...

LOL - If you figure out a solution. Let me know, I need help with Tommy! haha!

Manos Flacas said...

I thought of you this morning when I had this conversation with my 3.5 yo son.

Son: Mommy, I put my finger in my nose this morning.
Me: Why?
Son: To get a booger.
Me: Well, what did you do with it?
Son: I put it on my pillow.

NICE!!!!! I went looking and couldn't find anything. Yuck.