
Yes, this is her attire from morning til night usually, only changing back into regular clothes if we leave the house or at meal times (since I won't let her eat in these clothes for fear of the fallout that would occur were they to get dirty). Mind you she has 4 of the princess costumes so we do rotate. She started the day feeding her baby and putting her to sleep in her little pack & play:


Then we had a tea and cupcake party on the train table. All the trains and most of the track have been removed to make room for a decent table setting:
Then we danced around the living room, where I was made to wear a skirt as well so my twirls had the right effect. After that she looked at her princess Valentine card for a good 5 min, just stared at it and pointed to Belle and said "I'm her" (she was wearing Belle today, the pic of Snow White was from a previous day. I kid you not, this is an every day thing). This wasn't really said to me, it was more of an affirmation to herself.
The rest of the day was spent with Johanna, where she did more girly things like take pictures of her painted toes ("LOOK AT MY PAINT TOES JOHANNA!!"), make cookies and cupcakes in her kitchen and help Johanna clean up (which she is enjoying more and more and so is Mommy!)
Now I've never been much of a girly girl myself, but I do enjoy spending this time with Kaitlin, and I can't wait until Claire is old enough to join us. Right now she's not really a welcome member according to Kaitlin because she puts everything in her mouth and that is just not acceptable. "It's only PRETEND Claire, don't eat it!!!" as she's snatching whatever it is out of her hand. Aye yay yay, I can only imagine what it will be like in a year or so when C is in all her business!
I feel like I need to clarify here, all this was done of her own will. I really don't feed into it at all, which makes it all the more amazing to me. (Well, I guess other than buying her stuff, but that is after she has shown her affinity for it). Where do these things come from?!?
4 comments:
I am so glad she is enjoying all of the princess stuff, even though my princess is now 26 years old married and very busy, we are all princesses at heart!!! I love to watch the princess movies with her over and over again and yes tears come to my eyes everytime!!!
My K is already SO into taking care of her babies. It really is amazing how we're born with these tendencies! All the princess stuff sounds fun, can't wait for that!
This post is cracking me up! I just read it and I can't fathom doing any of the stuff! My boy already has me trained! I am sure you wouldn't believe some of the stuff we have to do every day either - it is so funny how they develop these differences so early!
I love how you call the kids "K" & "C" it just makes me happy!
Post a Comment