Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sweet girl

So, last night around 12:15 I heard Kaitlin crying in her room. When I went in there, she was standing up holding both of her blankies and crying. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out that she wanted me to wrap "mommy's pillow" up with both of her blankets so she could sleep on that vs. her traditional pillow. Note that "mommy's pillow" is a small decorative pillow that came with her bedding. After I finally got her calmed down and her bed set up the way she wanted it, she finally agreed to be placed into her crib. I covered her up with "mommy's blanket" (again, a decorative quilt that matches the bedding), she looked up at me and said, "Thank you daddy for rock-a-bit, Kaitlin was crying" and the quietly turned her head to the side and went to sleep. Note that "rock-a-bit" is what she calls it when we sit and rock in her chair until she gets sleepy. Talk about a heart melter in the middle of the night!

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

So sweet and she has you wrapped so around her finger.

Chelsea said...

That is so precious! I just love hearing about the things she says.