- Sings "Kaitlin's Song" to Claire whenever she is awake. "Kaitlin's Song" is actually Barney's "I love you, you love me song" that she loves so much that it is now deemed her song.
- Wants me to sing "Claire's Song" to her every night before bed while we rockabit. This came about because I always sing her a song before bed and last week I asked what she wanted me to sing. It's usually always "Sunshine" or one of her bible songs, but last week she asked for "Claire's Song." I said "Oh, how does it go?" and she just kind of smiled at me, so that was my clue to make it up. So I did and it's very simple and cheesy, a verse of 'Welcome to the world Baby Claire" followed by a verse of "We're so happy that you're here Baby Claire." She now sings along as I sing it every night, and gets the hugest smile on her face.
- Whenever Claire cries she comes running from wherever she is saying "It's OK Baby Claire" over and over again.
- Constantly wants to blow her besitos and hugs.
- Today when her and Daddy went outside to play, Claire and I were hanging out on the bed. As she left she turned around and goes "Sweet dreams Mommy. Sweet dreams Claire."
- Is genuinely thrilled whenever Claire is awake and exclaims "She's awake!! She's looking at you!!" It's just too cute how excited she gets.
- The other day we went to Fossil Rim which is about a 2 hour trip south. About 20 minutes from home (on the way back thankfully, she was fine the rest of the trip), Claire was less than thrilled to still be in her carseat, and she let us know about it. She would cry REALLY hard for about 2 min, then fall asleep from the exertion of the crying for about 2 min, then repeat. Every time Kaitlin would say "She's crying Mommy. Shh, shh, shh, shh, it's ok Baby Claire." Then when Claire would stop she would say "Look Mommy, she's not crying. I made her happy!!" This happened EVERY SINGLE round for about 20 minutes. It was quite comical.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Big Sister notes
I know we have tons of posts about our "sweet girl" and believe me, there are times when she is not so sweet, but I want to document some more things that Kaitlin has been doing with her new baby sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! All of these absolutely melt my heart. She really is such a sweet girl. Sounds like she's adapted to her role as big sister perfectly.
Glad to hear that Kaitlin has adjusted well to sharing mommy and daddy's attention! How did you like Fossil Rim?
OMG too cute! I love the story of the car ride. Had me laughing! Sounds like a lot of fun with your two girls.
Post a Comment