I want to document some of the phrases that are high in the rotation these days. I wish I could record her saying them all because the best part is usually her inflection. I've tried to convey that with capitalization and notes below.
- "Cover my up" - said when we are tucking her in and she wants to be covered up with her 5 blankets of the night. She has a blanket obsession.
- "That's MINES" - heard a lot these days, as she is snatching something away from you. We're working on this.
- "I'm almost there" - said when we're almost home (she somehow knows), or if she's carrying something heavy (said in a grunting sort of way)
- "It's hard for me!!" - said when trying to do something by herself but she can't. DO NOT make the mistake of attempting to help, this is simply a commentary and not an invitation.
- "No Mommy do it" - used in conjunction with last phrase as I'm trying to help.
- "Look, I did it all by myself!" - hopefully follows the previous phrase (after alot of unnecessary effort)
- "Whacha doin' Mommy?" (or Baby Claire, or whoever might be in the room)
- "That's PERFECT" - this is after you've probably spent a lot of time rearranging something that seems insignificant to you (the arrangement of her various food items on her tray for instance), but it is of the utmost importance to Miss K. Everything must be just so. Sometimes used in conjunction with pointing out a boo-boo though. For example, she will show you her hand that has a boo-boo on it, telling you how it happened, and then will show you the other hand and say "This one is PERFECT."
- "Baby Claire want to come?" - if we ever suggest going somewhere, she is very concerned that the whole family comes with. She runs through everyone to make sure we are all in fact going to go.
- "Take my (blank) wit us?" - For example, "take my drink wit us?" She can't get the "th" sound of "with" and she just says it so cutely with her eyes wide and with such innocence it always makes me laugh. Sometimes it is completely unreasonable though, like "take my stroller wit us?" when we are going swimming.
- "Want to DANCE Mommy" - one of her favorite activities these days. We spend a good portion of our morning having a dance party in the dining room. This phrase is often followed by "Baby Claire come wit us?"
- "Mommy no get me" - said during dance party, when we are running around and I'm not allowed to tickle her or pick her up or in any way "get" her.
- "Come on guys!" - said when we are ready to go somewhere and she's excited about it. Usually accompanied by a hand motion waving us with her and a little hop.
I know there are so many more that I'm missing, I really wish I could just videotape her all day to remember. It's just so fun to watch her turning into this little person with all her quirks and sayings.
5 comments:
Oh! These are all just so cute! What a fun girl. I remember when "whatcha doin'" was a fave our nephew last Sept. during/after the hurricane when we were all sitting inside literally doing nothing and it was too cute!
I think you should break out the video camera!! So stinking cute.
I can hear it all!
I think it should be noted that the "Come on, guys!" is said in the voice of a 50-year-old Italian/New York/New Jersey mobster man voice. Weird combination, especially for a 2-year-old girl, but it is what it is. Definitely my favorite phrase of the moment.
Post a Comment