- She loves her bath. Loves to have the water pour over her and loves to have her hair washed.
- My mom discovered that she loves to have her feet rubbed. She just looks at you and immediately relaxes if she is starting to get fussy. In fact tonight I did it and she fell asleep in less than a minute.
- She loves to watch Kaitlin. She does NOT love to have her diaper changed, so while she is fussing about that I will ask K to come in and entertain her, and it never fails that she calms down and turns towards her.
- She seems to have a bit more sensitive tummy than Kaitlin did. She doesn't spit up alot, but there is definitely a lot of times that milk comes back up and she just swallows it back down, and it upsets her. It seems to be better when I feed her in a more upright manner though, so we're working on doing that. Stinks for middle of the night feedings b/c I can't just lay down with her and go back to sleep like I did with K, gotta sit up. I guess that's the tradeoff for her going right back down after I feed her though.
- She takes a pacifier! And a bottle! Halleiuiah!
- I haven't been successful at putting her down during the day, hence the Baby Bjorn. She just wants to be close to the action I guess, because I have maybe 10 minutes max if I put her down (even swaddled). I don't mind it except for the fact that it sometimes impedes play with Kaitlin, and again I'll take this with the sweet nighttime routine we have at the moment.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Happy 1 Month Birthday Claire Bear!
I can't believe Claire is already a month old! I thought time was flying while I was pregnant - it seems to have only gone faster since she's been here. We had a wonderful 3 weeks together as a family while Scott was on paternity leave and this last week I've been going it alone, which hasn't been so bad. I think it's funny what a little perspective does, because I catch myself repeatedly saying to myself "Why did I think it was so hard with just Kaitlin?" I have a theory that second children are easier because the parents are more relaxed, thereby making the babies more relaxed, and this is certainly true for Claire. I just remember a lot more crying and a lot more walking around in the wee hours soothing an upset baby. I basically wear Claire all day in the Baby Bjorn and she's as content as she can be in there. At night I feed her and she goes right back to sleep on her own, something I never remember happening with Kaitlin. Maybe it's still early yet? I forget the timeline so I'm sure as soon as I post this she will turn the corner and start up with some fiery antics like her sister. But either way, we've had a great first month getting to know each other. Some things I wanted to note:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is all great news! Jim has said if our next baby fusses as much as Kate did those first three months we're stopping ;). So I'm happy to hear your theory. It must help a lot to have some recent experience! I can't wait to meet Claire soon! Oh and Happy Birthday to Kaitlin today!!
I hear the same thing about a lot of second babies! I am glad to read an update from Claire - and glad you guys survived the hard first month!
Love this and totally agree. M sleeps so much better at night than B did and is much easier to put to sleep. Find myself wondering how i thing he was so hard. M sometimes has to cry a bit more as we're juggling her and B, but I think she's fine. Also, loving wearing M in her sling very handy. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment