Saturday, January 6, 2007

Pregnancy Rules

So, after 28 years of having "CLOSE THE TOILET SEAT!" beaten into my skull, my wife has turned the tables in a matter of weeks. Now, I have been instructed to leave the toilet seat OPEN at all times. It appears that a closed seat is an inconvenience to her in light of the increased late-night potty breaks. While on the surface, it would appear to the guys that this would be the answer to our prayers. However, I am here to say that muscle memory is a significany road-block in adhering to this request. As such, this becomes just another annoyance to my sweet wife.

The best part is that I KNOW that I will be asked to revert back to closing said toilet seat, once the baby is here. I'm calling it now. At some point after the baby is born, she's going to find me in the fetal position in the bathroom, lying in a puddle of my own urine. The cause....total indecision lock-down as to whether or not the seat should be up or down upon completion. I think I might just start going out back, like Chunky and Bud.

God only knows what other new "rules" are heading my way.

3 comments:

Amanda Bonds said...

To further complicate the matter, I think I should warn you that while it is more convenient for Summer if you leave the toilet LID up, it is never...I repeat NEVER...admissable to leave the toilet SEAT up. The last thing Sims wants to go back to bed with in the middle of the night is a soggy bottom.

Scott said...

Good catch....I meant lid!

Anonymous said...

Never an issue if one does a thorough pre-flight to ensure the desired lid position. Hunter - gatherer ;)