Saturday, January 13, 2007

Spreading the Word

As you can probably tell by the increase in comments, we did indeed tell a few of our close friends this weekend of the happy news. We also turned the grandma-to-be's loose, so I'm sure the phone lines coming out of Spring and North Dallas were on fire most of the day today. I will have to credit Big Jason with the words of advice that made me feel more comfortable in spreading the news and not worrying. As Jason so perfectly put it, "Dude, you only get to do this a handful of times in your life, if you're lucky. Why not spend all of your time focusing on the positive and enjoying the experience?" That's the single best piece of advice I've got from Jason in our 13 years of friendship. I appreciate it, bud.

We've spent most of the day today on the phone, trying to make sure you guys were able to hear it from us first. I still haven't reached Koenig in the land of the sand, so no one say anything to him yet. Just another testament to his no gamedness (kidding, James...you know you're my boy). One last note on the sonogram pics...Summer scanned them in, but they are in .pdf files. Unfortunately, the blog will only let you post picture (JPG, GIF, etc) files, so that's why they're not up yet. We'll work out the kinks and get them up as soon as possible.

Anyway, we appreciate all of your prayers and support thus far and ask that you continue to think of us in this regard.

Scott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I have been patiently waiting for 18 days to tell the world & it hasn't been easy, just ask your Pop! But he's been just as bad, dying to share your wonderful news with everyone: last nite at church he ran up to Pastor Jim & told him-I was so busy telling all our friends, he beat me to him. EVERYONE is THRILLED for you two & believe me, heaven is overflowing with prayers for you three! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

The pressure is off indeed. It will be great to share the news and the anticipation with everyone. I'm so happy for you kids.