Sunday, January 14, 2007
I think you have underestimated our sneakiness...
It's been fun telling everyone the news, but one thing keeps coming across loud and clear - we pulled a fast one on everyone! The overwhelming response has been one of shock, as evidenced by the comments I've gotten. Sapna said "Wow, well I really didn't think you guys would be first!" and when Brooke told her family she made them guess who was expecting. Not only did our names not come up at all, Ginger (a single friend who doesn't have a boyfriend at the moment) was guessed. And Nicole even said "I didn't think you wanted kids." I guess I'm just a pretty private person when it comes to this kind of stuff. But with this blog I guess that won't really be an option! Now that we've told everyone, it definitely is starting to feel more real. We're looking forward to sharing the next 7.5 months with everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad you guys had a good weekend telling everyone. We were certainly surprised, but only because we didn't know you were trying! We know you will be awesome parents!!!
Don't think that this blog can stop after the next 7.5 months either! I expect lots of baby updates and pictures after that...
Someone thought Summer didn't want kids? INSANO! Clearly these friends of yours have never seen you around the likes of Cameron and Dylan Bond. I had a feeling y'all would start trying soon because I saw the way y'all have been around the kids the last few months. But I had no idea y'all were already trying...that is why I was so surprised when you told us you already had a little schmieg in the oven. I commend you on your sneakiness, and I will certainly be prepared not to underestimate you in the future.
"I don't appreciate your ruse ma'am. Your ruse. Your cunning attempt to deceive me."
- Randall in "Clerks"
Firstly, I too was a bit shocked, just because everytime I have heard it mentioned Summer immediately replies "Ohhhh no, not yet."
Secondly, I am honored you will be naming your child after me. Jim, or Jimmette, or Jimniqua, or whatever variation you wish will be fine.
Seriously though, I love you guys and am SOOOOO happy for you all. Sarah and I couldn't be happier for you and you will be in our prayers every night until that little bundle of joy is here :)
Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you two. The world will be a much better place with another Keith running around. We were just at Drew's kid's 1st birthday party and were thinking about who would be the next to be pregnant. Chels told me that everyone at the party thought I was pregnant, but that's another story.
Like Jim said you will be in our prayers every day. We love you guys and can't wait to see you again.
Summer, I'll never forget the occasion you broke the news to us. Scott was under pressure with the camera to record the moment (Scott there will be more of these Kodak moments to come...), Barb and Cindi were overcome, but the look of enjoyment on your face taking it all in was priceless.
I can't believe you two got away with this for 9 weeks! Sneaky, sneaky.
We couldn't be happier for you, and we know your little son or daughter will be like a sibling to Ethan. We can't wait to meet him or her!
In the meantime, enjoy every moment (even the nauseous ones)! It's a wonderful ride!
Scott-you take good care of my girl! We love you guys so much!
Post a Comment