Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Heart Beat

Well, today we were able to see a tiny little heart beating away like crazy. What's amazing is how fast it's grown in 4 weeks. I'm going to take the sonogram pics to mom and dad's to scan in and post on the blog this weekend. The first sonogram only showed the yolk sack and you couldn't really see the baby. In this latest one, the baby is 10-15 times the size of the yolk sack.....it's crazy!! This sonogram definitely made it feel that much more real that we're having a baby. The doctor said that everything looks perfect with the baby and Summer is doing great, as well. Summer couldn't stop crying tears of joy and I was getting misty-eyed myself (it was definitely getting dusty in the room, as Jim Pike would say).

As you might have figured out by reading some of the other comments, I called Jason on the way back to work and told him the news. He was shocked, to say the least. It looks like Lili and Summer are pretty close in terms of due dates. We are also both initially planning on using the same hospital (Medical City). Summer and I will finalize alot of the hospital, insurance, etc stuff on our next visit February 7th. In the meantime, her orders are to continue her usual exercise regime and to eat up!!!

We love all of you and ask for your continued prayers for a healthy baby and mom (and I guess dad, too!).

5 comments:

Amanda Bonds said...

Stop saying yolk sack! ROAR!!!
PIPETTE! PIPETTE! PIPETTE!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the little cornflake's heartbeat :o).

KC said...

WOW!!! Well, since you two stunned us with the news last night, our smiles haven't left our faces and our excitement just keeps on growing! It was so amazing to hear the news and see how excited you two are. We are so looking forward to this pregnancy journey and meeting the new little Keith! We know your great announcement last night is just the start of this wonderful new chapter in our lives. Thanks for sharing the news and the pictures of the yolk sac and then the cornflake - they were amazing. Congratulations again, we couldn't be more over the top happy for you!
Love, Christine and Britt

KC said...

Thanks for keeping this blog. Not only is it so nice to get regular updates; I am so happy to have someone I know to add to my regular blog rotation!

KC said...

Okay - only one more comment for tonight - I promise!

What a great picture of you telling your parents!

Anonymous said...

So true Scott. Hearing the heartbeat is a huge moment for the new Dad. The next one is watching an elbow, knee or foot move the tummy from the outside. It's great re-living these moments through you again. Much love to all three of you.