Thursday, July 16, 2009

Swimming Lessons

We just finished up our 2 week session of swimming lessons. Overall I think it was totally worth the time and money invested. We went everyday Mon-Thurs for 30 min. It was given at a family's home pool in the neighborhood - they have 5 kids ranging in age from high school to college, and they all teach lessons. It is the instructor and 2 children for each lesson. Kaitlin learned how to swim to the wall from about 5 feet out in the middle of the pool, how to jump in and swim to the instructor, and how to float on her back. She was never excited about going to the "yessons with Mr. Derek," but at our pool she was more than happy to show off her new skills. This weekend she wore me out jumping off the side and swimming to me! Here are some pics from one of the lessons.

How class started everyday - a little bit of trepidation








Swimming to the wall "all by herself" (someone's favorite phrase at the moment)








Drowned rat









"I believe I can fly..."








Relaxing on her back








High five after a job well done!

3 comments:

Cindi said...

I cannot tell you what fun I had watching her she is such a big girl and I was so proud of her. Of course when she cried "Nannie hold you" as she wanted to be done - that was tough, but she always smiled when she did her trick so I detected some fake crying!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that she can swim now! I an't believe she could do all that so young! One day she too will be a youngster hanging out tanning by the pool just like we once did, ahhhhhhhhhhhh memories! Too cute Lizzy, she is so grown up!

Staci said...

We just finished our lessons there week before last with Mr. Derek, too. I was impressed! Kaitlin looks like such a little fish!!!