Thursday, July 2, 2009

37 Weeks

I had my appt today, no progress of any sort. I asked the Dr. about the size of the baby and he said I'm measuring "right on." He never gives much more detail than that. I had the nurse check my weight compared with K and I'm within a pound of where I was with her at 37 weeks (I'm a pound less this time). He said second babies are usually bigger, but he's hoping I won't go as long as I did with K so that would work in my favor (K was almost a week late). I also asked about the heartrate and the old wive's tale about gender prediction. He said Baby had a heartrate of 160 and they say above 140 is usually a girl. He also said that the heartrate varies throughout the day, so that was just a measurement of 10 seconds out of 24 hours, and it could be different at different times. That's all well and good, but my official prediction is that it is a girl. This is based on a combination of factors I guess, but mainly b/c I feel like I'm carrying exactly the same way as I did with K. Lately though Kaitlin has taken to telling me she has a baby brother AND a baby sister when I ask her what's in Mommy's belly. I sure hope not!

I hope to get our computer up and running this weekend, and then I will post a belly pic so you all can make judgements for yourself and make your final vote on the poll!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hmmm, you may have swayed my vote from boy to girl. I'm liking this not knowing, it's adding an element of excitement to B2. I can't believe you're so close!

KC said...

This pregnancy has gone by so much faster for me than Kaitlin, Kate or Ben did! Crazy!!! I may be swaying to a girl now based on the heartbeat, but really all it did was shake my faith a bit that the baby is a boy! Hmmm!!!

I can't believe you are so close. I hope you don't go to 41 weeks wiht this one! A nice due date birth would be best!

Jim said...

Wow. I can't believe you are only 3 weeks away. It has flown by. Can't wait to find out the sex and name and meet the little guy/gal.

Abbey said...

Hi there! As you'll see soon on my blog my body is now having fun and games with me, but at last week's apt no progress. Hope you continue to feel well and I'm excited to find out the gender too!