Thursday, July 16, 2009

39 Weeks

I had my appointment today and no further progress has been made since last week, when I was about 2cm and 50% effaced. He said he doesn't expect anything until I actually go into labor. He asked "So what are we going to do if this baby doesn't come by July 23?" He knows how I feel about induction so I think he was gently trying to broach the subject. I said, "Well, I guess we'll just wait and see." And then he tells me he's going on vacation July 25. Right. So I agreed to schedule the induction for July 24, but I REALLY REALLY hope it doesn't come to that. I don't know why I'm a weirdo about that, I just don't like deciding my baby's birthday or forcing them to come before they are ready. Although given K's size, I guess it wouldn't be such a horrible thing for him/her to come early. But this means I will start all my "natural" methods of induction this week. I plan on walking in the mornings and eating Eggplant Parmesan sometime this weekend. My mom also told me she made this family dish, Hamburger, Noodles and Corn (catchy name, eh?) the night before she went into labor with me, and I was 5 days early. So maybe I'll make that this weekend as well. Please say prayers for the baby to come naturally before next Friday!

9 comments:

Sapna said...

Woohoo! Get that baby out Summer - naturally of course. I am all for a July 24th birthday. That way B2 can share it with me!
By the way, I don't think I am coming to Dallas this weekend. At home with the flu and need to rest up so I can go to Costa Rica on Sunday. I plan on driving up another day so hope to meet the baby!

Manos Flacas said...

How does Sunday sound? She could share her birthday with my twins!

Anonymous said...

I hope HE comes before then if not right on time. Would jumping on a trampoline help ;o) I will be praying for ya buddy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I felt the same way about induction but reluctantly agreed to schedule for two days after Kate's due date and then went into labor on my own as her due date drew to a close. So maybe just scheduling it is the secret ;). I'll say a prayer for ya!

Cindi said...

Don't worry keep saying your prayers and God will take care of it.

Abbey said...

I hope your body/little one cooperates. That said, I've been induced (due to complications) and it wasn't so bad. Interestingly my Dr. is going on vacation that following week as well so wish mine would come while she is around as well, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Jennifer Hemingway said...

I found that jump in jacks and running in place in the pool several days in a row really helped and also sitting on an exercise ball just around the house when you have a chance. I am sure you don't get to do much sitting around with K. We will be thinking about you this week and I am sure she (did I say SHE) will come on her own. We can't wait to meet her!!

Meredith said...

I agree with Sapna - the 24th would not be too bad, he/she would be sharing their b-day with me too ;) Maybe naturally on the 24th... you never know!