Saturday, January 31, 2009

We have contact...

I've officially felt the baby move twice now! I'm so excited to be entering this phase of the pregnancy, it's so fun and comforting to feel him/her moving around. The first was late Tues night when I was up with K in the middle of the night (she's had a rough week with lots of night waking - I think it was the last pointy tooth on the bottom that finally poked through yesterday). I was in there just sitting in the rocking chair while K was rolling around in her bed, talking and generally doing everything but sleeping. I normally just sit quietly in the rocking chair with my eyes closed, trying to set a good example of what we SHOULD be doing at 3am. I at first felt just a few little flutters, but it turned into an all out party in there for a couple minutes. I remember when we went for the 13 week ultrasound with Kaitlin and it showed her bouncing all around since they have so much room at that point - that's pretty much what it felt like. I felt it again last night when I was up at 3am because I wasn't feeling well. I wanted to wait and post about it until I had a second confirmation, since it seems so early to be feeling at 15 weeks (I was about 17.5 weeks with K). I have my next doctor's appt on Thursday this week, but now with the movement I'm not as anxious to get there to hear the sweet heartbeat (although that will be nice too).

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Yippee!! That is awesome (nice title too). I've now, I think felt it twice as well and also have a Dr. Apt this week. Glad all is going well. So wonderful!

Rachel said...

I already miss that feeling! But glad I have Haley to hug & kiss! I was so nervous too until I could actually feel her and then would freak out if I hadn't in a few hours!

Amanda Bonds said...

WOOHOO!

Sarah said...

Yea! I loved that part of pregnancy and knowing that Kate was nice and safe in there moving around and with me wherever I went. So cool!

KC said...

So neat! It's so nice and comforting; I loved that feeling!