Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is this really the pallette of a 16 mo old?

So don't report me to CPS, but I'm generally very open with what Kaitlin eats. I pretty much let her try whatever I'm eating, because she's always asking "bite bite?" anyway, and I figure it's good to broaden her horizons. Now, this would probably be better if I ate a little healthier, but at this point in the pregnancy, if something sounds good I'm eating it, because not many things do. So the other day I'm munching on my jalapeno ranch Pringles, when little one asks for a bite. This is the part you're not supposed to tell CPS. I gave her one, fully expecting an immediate sour face and the tongue-thrust rejection move she has patented. Instead, she freaking eats the whole thing, goes "mmm" and says "more, more!" WHAT?!? Is this my baby girl who refuses anything new and foreign? Now these chips aren't that spicy, but they do have a little kick. I mean, I need to have some sort of beverage around when I am eating them. But she chowed down on about 3, no problem, and would have had more if I let her. And then later on, Dad was eating salt & vinegar ones, and she ate those too! (We like chips, what can I say?) Probably time to start munching on the broccoli and cauliflower tray instead.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

The salt and vinegar ones even make the back of MY jaw hurt - not sure how she did that.

Taryn said...

I think they make a broccoli cauliflower chip, so you guys are in luck. My kiddos liked to eat bugs, so I think K is just fine. No reason to involve CPS. Save that phone call for when you have two kids and you can't remember if you even fed one of them that day.
(Just kidding, that never happens.... you on the other hand might forget to eat!)
p.s. Did you ever try my Baby Songs idea? Just wondering how she is doing with her separation anxiety?

Abbey said...

Yeah, I have to admit Pizza is probably B's favorite food and he continues to surprise us with weird things. Oddly, apparently at day care eats everything. My theory is that he's hungrier there with fewer snacks, we shall see. She sounds like my kind of adventurous eater so congratulations and I hope it lasts!