Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

It's been a busy two weeks, as we've had Christmas, a trip to Red River and the remodeling of our kitchen, so we are just now getting caught up on our posts. Kaitlin was very excited to spend Christmas with both sets of grandparents as John and Barb drove up from Spring and stayed with us. We hosted a dinner at our house on the 23rd, where we broke the news that Summer is pregnant again (see previous post). Here is a good picture my sister got of the family shortly after we told them (note the new countertops and backsplash):On Christmas eve we went to our new church (side note here -- I've seen both Justin Leonard and Mark Teixeria at church in the last few weeks and am slowly gaining the courage to ask them to sign Kaitlin's diaper!). Last year, against my wishes, "someone" decided it would be a good idea to throw a 4 month old in an itchy Christmas dress BEFORE heading out to dinner on Christmas eve. We didn't even make it into the parking lot before Kaitlin start dancing on the panic button. Thankfully, she had no problem with the dress this year (her Daddy made sure it was NOT scratchy).
After Church, we headed over to my parents house to open gifts and visit with them. As some of you who follow the blog may have gathered, I have this thing where I feel the need to snap a picture of Kaitlin as soon as she wakes up on any big day (e.g. see her 1st birthday post). It actually is my mom's fault, as I grew up having my my picture taken in front of school on the first day...EVERY YEAR (yea, I was "that kid"). She even tried to get me to stand in front of the giant "Texas A&M University" sign out on Texas Avenue my first day at A&M....thankfully, my Dad stepped in and saved me. Anywho, here I am carrying on the tradition on Christmas morning...
Add Image
After we woke up, we went and opened presents with Summer's parents. This year was significantly different than last, as Kaitlin actually had an interest in the presents. So far I think her faves are her music box (that doesn't need winding up - great invention!) and her "Magic Door" that Summer scored from another mom in the Mom's club. Then we had a nice breakfast with the p's before they hit the road and we commenced packing for Red River.

There are many more Christmas pictures at our shutterfly site at the link on the right-hand side of the blog.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I was 'that kid' too! I think all of us were, it is just a matter of how public our parents made the ordeal.

I have to know what the "magic door" is.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I can't make the pictures bigger and I didn't see any Christmas shots in your shutterfly account. I want to see what the new kitchen looks like!

Sarah said...

Ha! My mom tried to do the same thing at Texas A&M and I wasn't having it. She did beat me down when I moved back home with her and dad after college and snapped my photo on the first day of work at Ernst & Young. How embarassing. Good thing Kate has come along and I am yesterday's news. Sounds like a good Christmas for you guys!