After a stressful couple days, we have finally told our parents and the news is officially out. I am pregnant and due July 23. We sent out the above picture with our Christmas cards, and little did we know, they arrived at people's houses before we had a chance to tell our parents! But my parents made it up here yesterday and we had them and the Keiths and Amanda over for dinner last night and had Kaitlin wear her shirt after dinner. I saw Amanda look at the shirt and kind of do a double take, but I didn't make eye contact so she just kind of moved on. But then a minute later, she and my mom stopped Kaitlin and said "wait, what does your shirt say?!?" And then they announced to the rest of the family. Cindi was washing dishes and said "Yeah, it says "Big Sister," she's Bud's sister!" and then she finally got it and ran over and gave me a hug. Everyone was very excited, especially Kaitlin who just knew everyone kept looking at her shirt and smiling and laughing, and that was good enough for her! It was a great night and one that rivals when we told everyone about Kaitlin 2 years ago.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
The news is out!
After a stressful couple days, we have finally told our parents and the news is officially out. I am pregnant and due July 23. We sent out the above picture with our Christmas cards, and little did we know, they arrived at people's houses before we had a chance to tell our parents! But my parents made it up here yesterday and we had them and the Keiths and Amanda over for dinner last night and had Kaitlin wear her shirt after dinner. I saw Amanda look at the shirt and kind of do a double take, but I didn't make eye contact so she just kind of moved on. But then a minute later, she and my mom stopped Kaitlin and said "wait, what does your shirt say?!?" And then they announced to the rest of the family. Cindi was washing dishes and said "Yeah, it says "Big Sister," she's Bud's sister!" and then she finally got it and ran over and gave me a hug. Everyone was very excited, especially Kaitlin who just knew everyone kept looking at her shirt and smiling and laughing, and that was good enough for her! It was a great night and one that rivals when we told everyone about Kaitlin 2 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Congrats!!! We are so happy for you all. I could literally hear the sweat gathering on Scott's forehead when I called him Monday. The panic was in full effect. I'm glad it all worked out and the cat remained in the bag until the big reveal. Kate can't wait to meet her newest buddy :)
Congratulations! I've been waiting to contact you until the news was public because Jim told me the stress you've been under. July is a great time to have a baby (not that I am biased or anything). July is pre-flu season and a nice halfway point between Christmases to restock toys.
Glad the reveal went well! We're so happy for you guys!
YEAH! Congratulations! A growing family is such an incredible blessing from God! Merry Christmas!
Congratulations again! We are so happy for you and so excited! I love that we are going to have babies in the families for 3 years straight now - how blessed are we? I am glad everything went great with the big reveal and can't wait to enjoy this pregnancy and meet the new little one!
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!! We are all very excited for your family! That is a great age gap that you will have between the two of them!!! Let's get together after the holidays!
This was a very special day and I am very thankful that we were able to share the news with all 4 grandparents at the same time!
Congratulations!!!!! You will have fun growing your family. It is awesome!
I am so glad it turned out great. I thought you were sending the card to your parents and stuff too! I love the santa pictures, they are priceless!
Congratulations! As you've likely seen by now, I'm due just a few days later on the 29th! I'm excited to share this pregnancy with my you as my virtual buddy. Here's to a wonderful journey and a miracle waiting for us at the end! Sending hugs and smiles!
WOW Liz, sooo awesome. I am so happy for you. Children are the best thing in the whole world. You will enjoy two more than one. Seeing the two of them together melts your heart in a way that is undeserving of actual words. Congratulations to you and your sweet family.
That is awesome, Summer! Congratulations!!! ~ April
Congratulations Summer and Scott! We are excited for your family!
I can tell you this was another very special moment, and no I did not get it right away, I did not know they were even talking about another. I was so happy and yes of course I cried that is just me. We love our Angel so much and the thought that another special blessing is on the way is so magical I cannot believe it. Love Nannie Keith
Post a Comment