I figured it would be fitting to follow up the 7 things you never knew about me with 7 about Kaitlin. This is HER blog after all.
1. She loves buses. Yes, the girl who got kicked out of school is infatuated with school buses. It started with the song "The Wheels on the Bus," which I now sing about 25 times each day. She often calls out "bus, bus!" to let me know that's the song she wants to hear, and when we're singing it, she lets me know which verse she wants to hear. "Open shut!" "Up down!" Or she does the movement of the wipers or the baby crying. When we're out running around and see one on the road, she is downright ECSTATIC, kicking, screaming and pointing "BUS!" in the back seat.
2. She enjoys hanging out with me in the bathroom in the morning. One of her favorite activities is asking for "buzz" (bubbles) when I am in the shower. This is when I'm supposed to generate some and put them on the short little tiled wall that is right outside the shower. She likes to play with them as they slide down the wall. Another favorite is playing with my makeup bag. She likes to empty it out and then pick up each item and pretend to apply it, whether it be to her face, her ear, her hair, she's really not particular as to where her makeup goes.
3. She is a lovebug these days and Scott and I are both eating it up. When he goes to leave in the morning, she says "bye bye," all callous and unfeeling until he is actually on his way out the door, at which point she freaks out and runs after him to give him one last hug and kiss. And at night, when we put her down, she loves to sit on your lap and get close to your face and give you thousands of kisses and eskimos. Then she says "night night" which lets us know she's ready to get in her crib and get down to business.
4. I should point out that while she will allow some downtime at night, the other 99% of the time she is awake she is G-O-I-N-G. I try and get her to come cuddle with me in the morning when Scott brings her in, but she will have none of it. If she is up, she is on the move. She doesn't like to sit on laps or be held for too long. As a a matter of fact, I'm kicking myself for spending so much on a stroller for her because she really can't stand it. I'm kind of hoping this is just a phase and she will slow down at some point, but based on Cindi's stories of Scott, I think this is what I'm stuck with.
5. She's very vocal and has a great vocabulary. She's already in the parrot stage so we've been having to watch what we say. Yesterday I asked her "What happened?" and she has been saying "happened? happnd? happens?" ever since. She's also been stringing short phrases, saying "Momma sleepin"when Scott goes to get her in the morning (assuming correctly that I am still sleeping) or "Dadda work" when Scott is not around.
6. Back to the aforementioned shower bubbles - bubbles in general are a big hit. We have a container that she is constantly requesting. I'm talking up to 50 times a day she's asking for these things. Her uncle Chris taught her how to blow them herself over Thanksgiving and now she thinks she is an expert and can do it herself, even while holding the container. Not true! If we blow them with Bud around, even better, since he likes to bite them as they come down and she thinks this is hysterical. We have some video of this and I will post it once we get our home computer back.
7. The kid can EAT. I mean, really, really eat. How else would she keep up that 28lb physique you ask? I've always heard toddlers are finicky eaters, and she does have her days, but the majority of time she will chow down on pretty much anything. And lots of it. For example, tonight we went to Johnny Carino's and she polished off 1/3 of the loaf of bread they brought, approximately 3 Italian Nachos, all 6 of her kiddie cheese ravioli, and then about 8-10 bites of Scott's spaghetti and chicken parmesan. Honestly, if you were to measure the volume of food she eats, you would be hard-pressed to figure out how it fits in her little stomach. And grapes are another story altogether. She must get it from her Pop, but she can seriously eat like 30 at a sitting. I asked her pediatrician if I should be limiting her portions and she said that 1) she rarely if ever gets that question for a 15 mo old and 2) no, with her height her weight is proportional, and 3) more power to her if she can pack it away! I guess I shouldn't be so surprised when people ask "What, is she about 3 years old?" when we're out, since she is about that size!
4 comments:
Ahhhh! I loved hearing these tidbits about Kaitlin, what a sweet girl! I'm impressed by the work she did at Carino's.
She's so cute with such a personality. I loved hearing all the stories, but especially the cuddle ones. So sweet!
Great post! Even though it is hard to get together often, I feel like I know Kaitlin so much better from all your stories. Makes me want to see her more! Lets get together (next week?)
Saw your comment on Annie's site. You are spot on with the no coat when going to the mall. For many reasons, you don't need a coat in the mall and they crank up the heat. I too have been the recipient of evil stares. Don't worry they are the first of many. I also get them for not wiping my child's nose promptly, letting my babies (before they walk) go around without shoes and socks (my kids always lost a sock so it was more trouble than it was worth) and I am sure many other things. My kids seems to be scraping by despite my negligence (haha)
Post a Comment