We had a nice trip to Houston this weekend with the monkey. We found that it's better if I ride up front because that way Kaitlin amuses herself and doesn't expect me to get her out of her carseat when she starts fussing. She also sleeps a lot better if I'm not all up in her grill. We got spend some quality time with Nana and Pop and got to see the Pikes, Egmons and Sapna and Maya, so that was fun.
The best part of any trip though is coming home, and Kaitlin has definitely already figured that part out. She did this when we got home from Red River and she did it again today. I don't know if it's just utter glee to be out of her carseat or to see Buddy or what, but when we get her in her high chair she just starts screaming and squealing with delight. I was attempting to feed her cereal and sweet potatoes while Dad was unloading the car, and every time he would appear she would just start laughing SO hard and screaming and squealing and banging on her tray. She was a little madwoman. As we often say, it was time to call to the looney bin. We got a little bit of it on tape and we're going to try and figure out how to post it on Youtube.
No comments:
Post a Comment