Tuesday, April 15, 2008
A blossoming friendship
So Kaitlin has taken a new interest in Bud lately. She's always kind of checked him out, but she's definitely taking a more active role in developing their friendship. Every morning when I go to get her from her room, she frantically looks over my shoulder, bobbing her head side to side because my head is in the way of seeing her brownest of friends. She always lets out a little yelp the first time she sees him every morning, like "Hey! You're still here!" And it's become apparent that Elizabeth lets him in the living room on Monday and Tuesday when I'm at work, because he shows no shame in just waltzing in there at all times now, even when Scott is home. He only comes just inside the gate though, right next to where we put KRK's blanket that she plays on. He plops down and that's when the real fun begins. While she used to be timid with him, Kaitlin is now fearless in her explorations of all things Bud. She's grabbing his jowls, inspecting his paws, jabbing his eyes. And he's such a good pooch, he just takes it all in stride. I've got money on her first word being "Bud," since the "b" sound is by far her favorite. And he actually might be giving Scott a run for his money on being favorite family member besides me. I've still got the feeding thing going for me, so I'm golden for another few months anyway. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh gosh - she is just too cute!!! Love it.
I meant to say that there are more pics on www.thekeiths.shutterfly.com of the Bud-Kaitlin friendship.
Oh, Summer, what you wrote is so sweet! I was wondering when she'd start playing with him, & what better dog to have than good ol' Bud-he is so gentle & loving!! My 3 favorite pics of them together are #7, 10 & 11...they capture it all!!! And her hair is even lightening up to match Buddy's color - too cute!
Awesome pictures! I hope Gabby and our little one are fast friends.
That is the sweetest picture!! I wonder what she would have thought of Chunk...
Post a Comment