Thursday, March 27, 2008

Banana bana fo fana...

Kaitlin LOVES her bananas. She has a little ring with a mesh bag attached to the end that we can put fruit in and we've been giving her bananas in that for a couple days now, and let me tell you, she is a big fan. We froze them so they feel extra nice on her sore gums and she just sits in her bumbo chair and gums that thing until it's all gone. It's fun to watch her hold on to it, drop it, figure out how to reach for it and pick it up again, put the wrong end in her mouth, etc. Who knew that simply watching a child learn could be so entertaining?

Another new development is her vocal capability. She found her voice around 3 months I think, but she is experimenting with different sounds now. She's got screams, grunts, yells, squeals, you name it, she can do it. She thinks it's especially fun to join in the conversation if there is a large group of people talking - she has no problem jumping right in and giving her opinion. It's funny now, but I imagine in a couple months it might not be so funny when she's screaming at everyone in sight. I suppose we should get that under control sometime soon. I definitely see more of her daddy in her now though, based on the stories I've heard from Cindi. The teacher at Kindermusik today said that she looks like she's about to be mobile, and she said based on how excited and worked up she gets that she won't be moving slowly when she starts. She's going to be a running, screaming terror! Buddy better watch out!

No comments: