Friday, July 27, 2007

This is an Outrage!

I am perplexed at the lack of faith from my mom and Amanda in the comments to the previous post, that I had no choice but to respond to everyone. First of all, a little refresher on what Amanda did in middle school. Long story short, she was in the garage cleaning the litter box for the cat, when BK and I heard a bunch of retching noises and then her scream "NOOOOOO!" Probably one of the top 3 funniest memories I have from growing up.

My first rebuttal point is there is nothing in the realm of changing diapers that I could do that would ever be construed as in the realm of hilarity compared to Amanda gagging in the garage and screaming "NOOOOOOOO!" (as if that was going to stop things for her). Secondly, keep in mind that I pick up Chunk and Bud's crap weekly with plastic gloves and a plastic grocery sack. Not once have I ever gagged or even felt queasy. In closing, I have the utmost confidence that changing the diapers will at no time trigger any gag reflex. I will surely get pruned hands and blistered thumbs from working the tabs before I ever gag.

Mark it down, people.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Firstly, I have picked up Gabby's poop plenty of times, and it is nothing like seeing what comes out of Aiden and Emily. Especially when Amy was breastfeeding.

Secondly, you use rubber gloves to pick up the dogs poop?!?! MAN UP!

1. Stick hand in plastic bag and use it as a glove.
2. Pick up the poop.
3. Pull the bag off your hand while wrapping it around the poop in one swift motion.

Scott said...

Before you give me any instructions on poop pick up, take a minute and think about the size differential b/w my dogs and Gabby. I can easily fill a plastic grocery sack with my weekly pick-up routine on sundays. Latex painters gloves are a must, son.

Summer said...

Ok, let me just say that on many occasions Scott has almost "gone" when washing dishes from dinner. Anything that is gooey and cheesy that he has to scrape off, or if it involves slimy lettuce, he's over there retching like a little girl. So if this is any indication, I think we have a long time of watching him gag until he gets used to it. And if Ama isn't there with her video camera, you can be sure I will be.

Summer said...

I'd also like to point out that it's really ridiculous how much we've talked about puking and/or gagging on this blog. High class folks here, high class.

Cindi said...

Okay there is so much poop talk here and I am getting very nervous that all of you children will be involved in raising my grandchild!!!

Anonymous said...

Good point Jim. I use the same technique from Great Danes (Luke) to Pinkatese(sp?) (Merry). If you are really good you can do multiple pickups using the same bag...Merry tends to dribble along during walks. I know. TMI. Lets get back to babies. Never an issue while they are nursing. You can use that confidence when they start 'recycling' baby food. That's the tough stuff. Just be happy you don't have to dunk dirty cloth diapers in a flushing toilet. Again...TMI.
Just remember poop isn't the only hazard. Both Scott and Brandon shot me with a stream when I opened their diapers and cold air hit the ole number 1 needle. I managed to muddle through, but then again the boot camp I went to didn't have a lot to do with kiddos. Scott, Summer, you'll both do great.