Thursday, July 12, 2007

This is what I have...

Bell's Palsy

Please pass on your prayers for a swift recovery! I don't like the "1 week to 6 month" time frame my doctor told me! I believe that I also have the Ramsey Hunt Syndrome that they talk about on here as those are my symptoms (intense ear pain, swollen lymph nodes, vertigo). I go back in 2 weeks to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor so hopefully by then it will have cleared up a bit. Dr. Ruk (OB) wasn't too concerned from an obstetrical standpoint, but I am on weekly visits with him now. My biggest concern is weight loss since I haven't been eating like I should for the little lady. We got some Ensure shakes last night though so hopefully I can choke those down a couple times a day. I really should be thankful that this is the biggest complaint I've had this pregnancy, but it's hard to give thanks when half your face doesn't work! Ah well, this too shall pass.

2 comments:

egmonwd said...

You are definitely in our prayers. Get well soon!

Chels & Wade

Cindi said...

You are very much in our prayers and I would expect a few candle lightings might be in need. Please take care and know how much I think about you everyday!!