Saturday, July 21, 2007

Prenatal Class, Nesting and the Final Countdown

We finished out last prenatal class this afternoon. Summer wasn't feeling well with her ear a few weeks ago, so we missed out on the opportunity to take the class in two sessions. Instead, we got the 9:30-4:30 all day version today. Overall, it was very a very informative class as we learned CPR, how to help a choking baby, the labor & delivery process and got to take a tour of the hospital. Summer was definitely the furthest along of anyone in our class and it's hard to believe we have less than 4 weeks to go. The video we watched today said typically the baby will come within 2-4 weeks after the baby dropped!! Tomorrow we are going to break out the car seat to make sure I can operate it correctly. The L&D nurses that taught the class today were really harping on us about the car seats. Summer also plans to wash the baby's sheets, some blankets, burp clothes and a few outfits. We're going to hold off on washing all of her outfits until we know what all is going to fit. Summer has continued her nesting ways. Last night she completely cleaned out the nursery of the extra hardware, instruction manuals and left over packaging from the last few weeks of unwrapping all of the nice gifts we've received to date. This week, I had to put together a list of all of the tasks I have started, but not yet finished for my boss. We are definitely heading down the home stretch and we both can not wait to meet our daughter.

Here is the 9 month update: Link

2 comments:

Amanda Bonds said...

I can't wait...I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Jim said...

Reading this blog I am confused... is Amanda excited about this baby or not? :)

Can't wait to meet the little princess.