Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nursery Update

We finally have a color nailed down for the nursery. After purchasing 3 quart-sized cants at $10 a pop, guess which one Summer decided on? That's right....THE FIRST shade of light green that she picked! So, last night I went to Home Depot to get gallon of Palm Breeze (that's the color) colored paint. As luck would have it, there was only one employee working at the paint desk at 7:30pm last night. When I arrived, the Home Depot employee was apparently helping a lady pick out the appropriate shades of paint to complete her Rembrant...there really is no other explanation for why she took 20 minutes with this lady, while 10 other customers milled around the paint desk with very easy requests to fill....like me, with a paint mix request. Here's an idea, ever thought about multi-tasking? Maybe this is why you've received your lot in life as a Home Depot paint employee. How about mixing my paint while you help Pablo Picasso with her art project. And come to find out, this lady wanted her bathroom painted, but had not taken the time to pick out the color or measure how much space she was painting. She actually thought the Home Depot employee would take care of that for her. Un-friggin-believable.

I pulled a "Jack in the Box" and took matters into my own hands (I'll let mom or Amanda explain the Jack in the Box incident in another post/comment). So, I go to the front desk and get a manager to come and mix my paint. So, what should have been a 10 minutes Home Depot run, turned into an hour. The best part of it is that I also needed to get some bug killer to treat our trees in the back yard and I was running out of day-light to do it!

Nonetheless, I persevered and we now have all the paint I need to complete the job. Britt and Christine have graciously agreed to take the full-size bed out of the nursery and use it at their lake-house. So, once I get the bed outta the way this weekend, it's smooth sailing to painting the weekend of June 30th. I'll post pictures once the project as done.

As you were.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I am setting the over/under at 10 for how many times Scott muttered the word "unbelievable" under his breath during this incident.