Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hallelujah....maybe???

As a follow-up to the paint purchasing story, I finally finished painting the nursery. Actually, I should qualify that statement...I've finished painting the nursery, pending final review from Summer. On Friday night, I put on a coat of white primer. The room had been painted a pastel yellow by the previous owners, which had faded. As I mentioned in the last post, we are going to a shade of light green, which would end up gray with no primer. Being the "planner" that I am known as, I made a list of all the supplies necessary and made a run, post-haste, to the Home Depot after work to get said supplies. Summer had plans to go to dinner with a friend and with the rain and Chunk's storm anxiety, I had a brief window to make said purchase. In my haste, I forgot to purchase the most necessary of items...a big roller. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until Summer had left for dinner and I had already poured the paint into the pan. Alas, I was forced to put on an entire coat of primer, alone, with a small 2-inch roller. So, picture me on the floor in the middle of the room (see picture below), on my knees having just poured the paint into the can, as I realize my faux pax! Outstanding!!

Nonetheless, I persevered and was feeling pretty good about myself...until Summer came home from dinner. My efforts were met initially with the warmest of regards, which quickly faded into furrowed brow. She was concerned at the amount of yellow still bleeding through the thin coat of primer. So, in the face of potential second coat of primer, I used my most confident of voices to convey that the one coat was more than adequate. Luckily, my guess was right. Dad came over this morning and helped me finish the job. Here is a picture of the job-site and a sample of the paint-color. I took it against the white door, for comparison.

Note: I hesitate to post this picture, as it looks somewhat more gray than green. However, rest assured that it is the exact shade of green that was printed on the little card we got from Home-Depot. I would not be so stupid as to incriminate myself if I was not supremely confident the color was to the exact specifications I was left with by Summer. So, our plan is to complete the nursery next week while we're on vacation for the 4th. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll be posting completed nursery picks next weekend.

No comments: