On his first official Father's Day, Scott got breakfast in bed and a great gift if I do say so myself - his Diaper Dude camo diaper bag! I was nervous he would go nose up the registry and see that someone had purchased it, but thankfully he was too busy at work to do that this week so it was a complete surprise. Now he's ready to take her wherever she needs to go, be it to the store or to the deer blind with his dad.
Here's the week 31 update: link
You'll note she's around 4lbs now and I believe it! Every day I feel like my belly gets bigger and bigger. Sometimes when I'm lying on my side I'll look down and be completely surprised by it - it's like it's not even part of my body anymore. Especially when she's rolling around in there, which Scott got to witness last night. It is seriously like something out of the movie Alien. The whole thing just ripples and shakes and I have absolutely no control over it! Amazing what the human body can do.
Another new development is that Scott now gets a laugh at least once a week by pointing out that my belly has surpassed his in stick-out-ness. If he comes in for a hug he'll act surprised that my belly gets to him before the rest of me. And he actually acts like it's the first time he's noticed it, and he seems to think that I can't feel it. "Hey, um, your belly just hit me." Just in case I was unaware that I was wielding a 4lb human around in front of me. Dad of the year this guy, dad of the year.
2 comments:
I would like the record to show that Summer surpassed my "belly" as she calls it, MONTHS ago. Please don't read into her post that this just occurred this week!!!!
Sucks.
Post a Comment