So, I've been in Durham, NC since Monday afternoon attending a leadership retreat sponsored by the Firm. It's pretty interesting, but I am getting tired of talking about my feelings, values, goals, etc. Yesterday, we got to go participate in basketball event at Cameron Indoor Stadium where the Duke University Blue Devils play. It was given by the Duke basketball coaches and was essentially a metaphor for the subject matter of the retreat. We ran drills, learned an actual Duke play and scrimmaged a little at the end. In honor of the Larry Bird, Steve Nash and Jeff Hornacek I jacked a sweet 18 footer during the scrimmage...nothing but net, baby. As I jogged back down court, I gave the guy guarding me a little Dikembe Mutombo finger wag and said (in perfect Terry Tate "Office Linebacker" speak) "It's GONNA BE A LOOOOOONNGG DAY!!"
Here is a link to Terry's videos, to give you flavor (please pardon the language, but you do need sound to truly enjoy the greatness): LB
If you want more Terry Tate, just Google him....he's everywhere and they have several other videos.
We also got to keep the reversible practice jersey's they let us use, so that was pretty cool...even though I am a North Carolina Tar-heel fan. As much fun as this has been, I will be happy to get back to my girls and the dogs on Friday afternoon. The belly pic Summer posted was great, but I can only imagine what it looks like in person.
Scott
3 comments:
I have no idea what any of this means...who the heck is Terry Tate?
Check the link in the post and receive your edu-macation!
Ok, you two settle down. Dont make me call Mom!
Post a Comment