Claire actually slept 10pm-6am. PRAISE THE LORD! I got up and ran after feeding her. K got up around 7 and was very compliant with going potty and getting dressed so we could go out and watch Oso. This is usually a 10-15 min ordeal b/c she "jacks around" (and yes I did say that to her today and she now says "Mommy, I'm not going to jack around, I'm going to go potty.") She's just a typical 2 year old and it takes forever to get her to focus and complete something without having to do a twirl and dance here or redo something I did b/c she wants to do it herself.
We hung around the house until about 10am, playing tent, coloring on her easel and bathing Claire. K is so helpful with that, and I'm so thankful. She gets me her step stool to sit on in the bathtub, gets the wash cloth and towel, and makes sure C has her ducky. And she's good about running off and getting me something if I forget. Sometimes I have to act like it's very serious though, in case she gets distracted (see above).
Then we headed off to Pump It Up for open play. It was a bit crazy since the kids were out of school, but we met several moms from Moms club up there so it was nice to have some extra eyes to watch the girls. C slept in her carseat the whole time while K ran amok. She has gotten to be so brave. She didn't really care if I was around, she and Thomas just went everywhere and did the big slide about 50,000 times. She was in panties all day and no accidents at all. If I mentioned going potty, she would usually say "no" but then 2 seconds later say "Mommy, I need to go potty." She is SO strong-willed, she wants it to be HER idea.
Went out to lunch with the ladies and kids, where K actually ate a hot dog! And her grilled cheese. And half a bag of goldfish. And some fruit. And french fries. Yikes. Then we went and visited a friend for a bit and then home for naps. C of course did not cooperate, waking up the very moment I stepped out of K's room after putting her down. Neat.
I took that opportunity to feed Claire some butternut squash I made yesterday. Her first real food besides cereal. I think she liked it, although I've forgotten how unbelievably messy it is to feed a baby. Like hazmat suit messy. Guess we're on to daily baths now.
When K got up we walked up to the playground and then up to CVS to pick up a few things. It was beautiful weather and K was so excited to be out. She helped me push the big stroller and was just SO mindful. I hate to keep dwelling on that, b/c it makes it sound like she's a terror and she's really not, she's just very independent and likes to do things herself, so it's a treat when she does things without me having to ask a thousand times or fight her on it. Then we came home, had dinner and bath time, before which she pooped on the potty for the first time since that first weekend we started training. We had a bit of regression there, which I hear is pretty common, so I was excited that she might be moving forward again. She ended up doing it again before bedtime, telling me "Mommy, I just tell you 'I need to go poo-poo' and then I can go do it and you be so excited!" Yes sweet girl, that's right. She tries to sound so matter of fact like she's known all along and I'm the one who was holding up the process.
It was just a great day and my heart is so full, bursting even.
5 comments:
Great day here too! Could it be the pleasant weather after a too cold and too long winter? My child who has been a handful lately was a jewel, and I was thrilled to see the happy, mindful boy he used to be was still inside!
That sounds like a perfect day! Good idea to document it...I've had some days like this with Kate where I just couldn't believe how good I had it but now I don't remember the details of any of those days! Love the pic at the top of the blog and now I can read your blog on my BB with the new background :)
I absolutely love this post. Sounds like such a wonderful day. Also makes me want to try to find a way to work a reduced schedule...I would love to be home with him more than just the weekends.
Sweet memories!
Excellent post! I'm glad you had an awesome day and love hearing about the parallels to what we're often experiencing. Hope you have many many more of these!
Post a Comment