Monday, January 4, 2010

"It puts the lotion in the basket"

We had what can only be described as a true toddler moment last night. 30 min tantrum, hysterics, hitting, random screaming of the same phrase over and over and over again. I think this was still the aftermath of the 12am bedtime from Amanda's wedding Saturday night. Anyways, after we finally got her calmed down she wandered out and was going through my purse, and we stumbled across her putting my lipstick on in a huge circle around her mouth. After the tension-filled half hour it was a welcome release and we all had a good laugh. Scott said it reminded him of one of two things though - Wild Bill from Silence of the Lambs or Steve Buscemi from Billy Madison. If you had witnessed the tantrum, you'd probably say Wild Bill since she seemed insane at the time.




















6 comments:

Jamie said...

AWESOME!

Manos Flacas said...

That's hilarious, although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't relieved to hear that someone else is dealing with this kind of behavior. My boy has thrown more than his share of tantrums lately. Fun times but glad yours ended with a good laugh!

Sapna said...

Funny! I guess I know what we are getting her for her next birthday. Get ready Scott, your daughter may get a makeup set at 3 years old!

The Webbs said...

All I can say is wow.

Amanda Bonds said...

Can I ask for an explanation for the title of this post? Also, my apologies for the late night and the resulting demon that was your toddler. Thanks for letting her stay up so late though, KRK was vital to the reception - the party would have died without her, no question. I've never seen anybody dance it out like her & Cameron.

Scott said...

The title of the post is a line that Wild Bill says in the movie "Silence of the Lambs". In fact, if you google that phrase, you'll see that it's a cult classic that they've made t-shirts and stuff with it included.

The point of the title was to support the insanity that we experienced that night!