Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 2 month birthday Claire!

I cannot believe 2 months has flown by! You are such a sweet girl, so laid back and content. Your eyes have turned a beautiful hazel/gray/brown (probably won't stay that way but they are very piercing at the moment) and your soft hair is getting longer and fuller everyday. You love to be talked to and get the biggest, goofiest open mouth grin I've ever seen on a baby when we talk to you. Poor thing, I think you get so delighted because we are actually talking TO you, since you really don't get as much attention as I'd like to give you. Yesterday you were so sleepy and I could tell you just wanted to be held a bit so you could fall asleep, but we were late getting K to school so I just had you laying on the bed. You kept crying and all I could do was keep sticking your paci back in which would calm you down for a minute until you spit it back out. You finally gave in and fell asleep and of course just when you were peacefully slumbering I had to strap you into the carseat to take you with us to drop K off. But you just whimpered ever so slightly and went back to sleep. The life of a second born!

I finally decorated your room and hung your ladybug across from your changing table, and like clockwork, every time I pick you up from changing you, you see it and get the biggest smile on your face even if you were having a screaming fit up until that point. (Thanks Jamie for a perfect gift!) You started laughing a bit this last week, just a short "huh huh" kind of laugh but it is music to my ears. Your sister is usually what gets you going, or your favorite cow toy.

We had your 2 month appt today and here are your stats:

12lbs 11oz - 90%
23.6in - 90%
75% for head

Not a big fan of the nurse today (same one who had to prick your heel twice for your newborn screen) and she wouldn't let me hold you to get your shots. Jerkface. You cried for maybe 2 min though and then passed out in your carseat, it took it out of you!

And because this is such a beautiful post and sums up all the things I love about newborns too, I'm linking to my friend Abbey's blog so you all can read what I love about my babies. Very well written Abbey!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Sweet post and thanks for the link. I'm glad you enjoyed my musings. Glad all is going well with your new little lady!

Sarah said...

Happy 2 Months Claire! I love the way you write your updates as a letter to your girls. So sweet! I may have to steal it ;)

Jamie said...

Great post. I love to share ladybugs! Makes me smile to know it makes her smile! You made my day (and it has been a long one!)

KC said...

Happy birthday Claire - I can barely believe that two months have flown by! Way to grow Claire and Mom!

Love that she's smiling and laughing and loving her room decor and lady bug. I can't wait to see it.

I am sure you are giving her plenty of attention - it's just different than the concentrated amount that you were able to give K! But then again, C has K to amuse her and make her laugh and K didn't have that. You guys are doing great!