The idea of the bus is basically like a Little Gym or other gymnastic-type venue that comes to your house. They have alot of fun stuff to crawl on, a ring that the kids can swing on, a trampoline, etc and they lead a class for an hour utilizing all the equipment, and also do some music-type things (maracas, parachute, etc). It was alot of fun once K got comfortable with it, and once they allowed all the parents to come on the bus (originally they told us only 2 adults at a time - this was quickly violated as more and more kids freaked out without their mommies.) I think this idea would be perfect for a 4 year old bday party - Scott's cousin Cameron was eating it up and he just turned 4. The 2 year olds were all just a little too wary.
After the bus, we all went inside for a pizza feast and then cake. I made Scott's Nannie Pat's recipe for strawberry cake since every time I asked K what kind of cake she wanted she would just say "a pink one." It was very good, but not the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I think I messed up the frosting, but the family swears that is what it is supposed to look like. K liked it so that's all that really matters! I'm so sad though, none of us thought to get the video camera out and no one captured a still photo of Kaitlin's SWEET FACE when we were all singing to her. I'm not kidding, it was quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen because she was embarrassed to have everyone singing to her so she just put her little face down and looked up with her little puppy dog eyes and had a tiny shy smile on her face - precious! And not captured! Darnit!
Everyone hung out for a bit and then the family stuck around to watch her open all her loot and play for a bit, and then it was home for a nap and after that to see her brand new kitchen from Nana and Pop, which was a huge hit. It was a great day! Here are all the pics, highlights are below.

The bus rolls up - we are the envy of the neighborhood!

Some of the action on the inside of the bus...

and some of the action on the inside of the house.

Hmm, not a huge fan of "the man" or the slide...

but she is a huge fan of pizza. To the tune of 5 slices.

Told you the cake was not the prettiest, but the girl sure is!

Candle as utensil?

The whole fam-damily.
1 comment:
Love your pics! Too funny about the man - poor Kaitlin. I remember her look during the singing and us saying - "We've never seen her do that before!" - it was just TOO precious!!! Let this be a lesson learned to all of us to have an appointed designated picture taker - I can't believe between all of us we didn't get a picture! I won't forget her sweet look though and I am sure you won't.
It was a great party and wonderful celebration of Kaitlin's first 2 years!
Post a Comment