Friday, March 6, 2009

Kaitlin is going to have a....

healthy baby sibling! We stuck to our guns and did not find out the sex of Baby #2 (B2) at the ultrasound today. We had a great sonographer though who let us have a ton of time looking at the baby and got lots of profile and head on shots, as well as a tour of the heart, spine and head. B2 was very active during the process and the sonographer even commented "hold still in there!" We also got to see him/her swallowing and sticking their tongue out at us. Already a firecracker I suppose, not surprising considering K. We brought K with us in what I thought would be a sweet moment, but she was having none of it. A) She wanted to be on my lap, not dad's and B) "NO BUTTON!" This was the phrase she repeated over and over as the sonographer moved around my belly button. She didn't appreciate anyone else having unrestricted access to the sacred button. She also called the goop they put on my belly "yucky" and repeatedly told me "Oh no momma! Yucky!", as though I wasn't aware there was stuff all over me. Overall she was just very concerned and at each point when it appeared we would be leaving (end of sono, moving back into waiting room to wait for Dr., moving into exam room) she exclaimed "All done Momma!" in hopes to get us the heck out of there. Dad did take her out to run around at one point, where she accused everyone of being a doctor. I had told her we were going to see the doctor, so EVERYONE we saw must be a doctor. Makes sense. It was a very fun day and I am happy that we have one more surprise waiting for us at the end of this journey!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

AHHHH!!! By the title, I thought you changed your mind! I could not click on the link fast enough!

Glad to hear that he/she is doing well and is active - always made me feel better every time I could feel John kicking around in there.

KC said...

I know - you got me too! I was hoping you had caved. Oh well, I guess if you guys can wait, I can make it to - I can't wait to meet little B2. Glad B2 is happy and healthy! Too funny about Kaitlin - she's just too cute!

Rachel said...

Good for you to sticking to your guns! It will make D-day so much more exciting!

Smith Family said...

I can't believe you can hold out. We brought Stephanie to our ultrasound for Abigail when she was just two and she wigged out. She had to leave the room so the sonographer told us what the sex was and Stephanie and daddy quickly left the room. I don't know why it freaks the little kids out so much.

Annie said...

Oh I am so glad everything loks great with Baby#2!!! That is so exciting you are not finding out! I kind of want to do that with our next but not sure if I could hold out! I can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy! How is it with having a toddler? I have heard it goes by fast!!!