Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sweet and sweeter

Sweet - Baby #2 is an extremely active baby! Maybe I've just forgotten how much they can move around in there at the beginning, but I feel like several times a day there is a party going on and I'm being invited. I've noticed that lots of times when I am holding Kaitlin and rocking before bed or naptime there is a lot of action too. Maybe it's because she's pressed up against me so it makes it easier to feel, or maybe there's already a bit of sibling rivalry going on?

Sweeter - Kaitlin officially gives the best hugs of anyone EVER. She has been giving kisses for a while and hugs used to consist of her allowing us to hug her - when I asked for one, she would just kind of lean into me and then I was free to squeeze her. But now! She wraps those little arms so tight around my neck, nuzzles her head into my shoulder and just melts into me. IT. IS. THE. BEST. THING. EVER. And now that she's all about Barney, she sings the song several times a day and I am the lucky recipient of a hug and kiss at the appropriate moments. For those that don't know, the song goes "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, won't you say you love me too!" When she sings it, it sounds more like "I luw you, you me, we're happy, ly, great big hug, kiss, me, you, luw meeeeee TOOOOO!!!" What used to be an incredibly annoying song is now the sweetest sound in the world!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! This is kind of a milestone...one & a half years old!! Where did the time go? You will be such a big help to your mommy after you new sister/brother is born, but you will always be our "baby!"
Love & Kisses,
Nana & Pop

Amanda Bonds said...

I'll steal her. I will. Be vigilant.

Jamie said...

I can feel the love and smiles from here! What a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

What happened to you Lizzy?