Thursday, February 5, 2009
I swear I will quit talking about this soon..
but it's so much fun to have Kaitlin talking so much! I really feel like everyday she learns 5 new words, and I'm having a hard time keeping up! Add to that Claudia teaching her Spanish, and I'm really in trouble. She really pretty much narrates the entire day with the words she knows. Today we went for our afternoon walk to the canals up at the front of our neighborhood. When she realizes where we're heading, she usually excitedly yells "WATER!!" (in much the same tone and pitch that she screams "BUS" when she sees one - it really is something you have to hear for yourself to understand. Believe me though when I say it is a scream). But today she yelled "WATER!" and followed it up by saying "agua." Not a scream on the "agua" because I think she was a bit hesitant that she had the right word, but I'm sure we'll get there. And while she was "helping" me unload the dishwasher this morning, she would take out the cup that I make her oatmeal in and hand it to me and say "oatmeal" and the plate that she gets toast on was rightly named "toast." Again, girl after my own heart relating everything back to food. Oh! And I just remembered this one from this morning, and even though it probably doesn't reflect too well on her behavior, I still couldn't help but giggle to myself. She was playfully slapping my hand while I was changing her diaper, and she goes "No, no hit. Timeout." Which is pretty much word for word what I say to her when she truly hits me. And then the other day she busted out with "change diaper?" and sure enough she needed her diaper changed. I took it one step farther and showed her how to change her baby's diaper, so now that's a 10 times a day activity - "momma, chg diaper?" So we head into her room, where I'm required to hand her a wipe so she can "wipe bottom please" of whatever doll is getting the treatment this time. It's just so fun to see her literally budding right before our eyes. I'm sure at some point I will grow tired of all the talking all the time (I'm not a big talker myself), but for now I'm enjoying every second of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Smartest. Kid. EVER.
P.S. When do we get a countdown for Baby #2 on this thing?
I LOVE the talking! I am a bit of a talker, but Brent is not. B talks alot these days in 3-4 word sentences and it is so awesome. Amazing how much better it is to communicate and they come up with the cutest things. Congrats on all the fun new words; there is more fun to come!
LOL!!! And I agree with Amanda, on both comments!
That is so much fun...but seriously. Look at the family you married into. Of course she is going to be a talker! And she will probably be hilarious too!
I agree with Amanda, we need some info on baby #2 and maybe even some belly pics??
Ha! I love that Jules is asking for belly pics when we've had to beg her to put some on her blog. Sorry, had to get in a quick call out ;)
Kaitlin is SO smart and it sounds like so much fun...I wouldn't be able to stop talking about it either. I love hearing these stories!
The truth is, there should be no belly pics at this point in the game (16 weeks), but sadly there is! I'm telling myself it's b/c it's #2, but it might have more to do with the 2+/week trips to Taco Bell. Baby likes tacos!!
Loves tacos?! Sounds like this kid is another Bond woman for sure! :)
They do say the funniest things, and it's only going to get better. Imagine my two... talking to each other. Pure comedy.
Today my son asked to be let down from his crib to use the potty. I think it was a stalling tactic, but you can't deny them when they're potty training. So he sat there forever without result until my husband started giving him a countdown. To that he responded, "What's the big hurry?" I overheard the conversation from the next room and nearly died.
BTW, I love the blog-over!
I agree, I love the new look!
NEVER quit talking about it! These stories are fabulous!
Post a Comment