Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fort Worth Zoo

Today Catherine, Thomas, Kaitlin and I went to the Fort Worth Zoo. Kaitlin thought everyone was there for her 18mo bday, but I tried to tell her that the zoo is open everyday, they weren't all there for her. We saw a lot of animals and K was definitely more into it this time than when we went to the Dallas Zoo a few months ago. I think the monkeys were her favorite animal, she kept pointing and saying "monkey" while doing the sign for it as well. We walked around for a while with the kids in their strollers, and then went to the petting zoo area and let them loose. They also had a little indoor play area that they got to roam around in. I think her favorite part of the day was on our way out we stopped to take some pictures in front of the zoo and then let them run wild before we had to strap them in the carseats. She had fun chasing Thomas around and trying to give him kisses (he was having none of it). Here are some pics: Link to zoo pictures.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

What a great day on her half bday, I can see Thomas thinks she is way to intimate and oh my it looks like she was climbing in with the goats!!!

Manos Flacas said...

We are going to the San Antonio zoo on Friday. Hope we have as much fun!

Amanda Bonds said...

Yeah, she's definitely looking for more than friendship with Thomas. I think he's just self conscious that she's taller than he is. But he'll catch up soon, and then nothing can stand in their way!

Staci said...

How fun! We need to take Reeves to the Ft. Worth Zoo -- we've been to the Dallas Zoo many times, but only to the one in Ft. Worth once when he was too young to remember. :)