Gruene!
I told him to come home early on Friday because I had a "doctor's appointment" and needed him to watch Kaitlin. Instead, we packed up our stuff and got on the road. We left Kaitlin with Nannie and Aunt Amanda. She was a bit apprehensive, but agreed to be on her best behavior.
We stayed at a B&B right on the Guadalupe. Here is a view from our porch:
It was absolutely perfect weather and just an all around great time. We ate a TON of good food (best chicken fried steak EVER at the Gristmill), got a beer at Gruene Hall, did some shopping, and went and visited the Natural Bridge Caverns:
I also had made arrangements to go play golf on Saturday, but since it was so windy and cold and I was feeling a little under the weather, we decided to just putz around town. They had Gruene Market Days going on so it was fun to shop around and pick up a few Christmas presents. We also had plans to see Stoney Larue at Gruene Hall on Saturday night, but after the aforementioned chicken fried steak we decided to go back and be lazy. We both had really good books that we wanted to finish, and since we had hours of uninteruppted time we wanted to take advantage of it. How old are we?!? I had a wonderful time and think Scott did too! It was a great way to ring in a new decade for the old man!
2 comments:
Officially old! I can't fault you one bit for wanting to go back and read a good book in peace and quiet, I would do the same thing but it does make us officially old. Happy Belated Birthday Scott! Sounds like good times!
In that first picture of Kaitlin - she looks so grown up. Not sure what it is, but well beyond her years.
Happy Birthday Scott! I am a short 7 months from the big 30; but since we have been 'with child' - I feel well beyond my years too!
Post a Comment