Wednesday, August 8, 2007

More nesting...

Monday I had tickets to the suite for the Rangers game with work. The game ran kind of long, so I was not on the road home until 10:15pm or so. I called Summer on the drive home and she sounded pretty tired and said she was just about to put away her Harry Potter book and get some sleep. Naturally, I expected to come home to a quiet house...quite the contrary. When I walked into the house, it was lit up like a friggin' Christmas tree. As I made the corner to the kitchen, I saw pots, pans, Tupperware, dish towels and all sorts of other kitchen items strewn around the counter tops and piled up in stacks on the floor. Summer was standing in the rear of the kitchen next to the pantry and sporting a very sheepish grin and saying, "I just came in to get a snack!" Apparently, the snack trip turned into a complete rearrangement of all the items in the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. I hope the baby will sleep peacefully, once she gets here, knowing that this critical task has now been undertaken prior to her birth.

You can all rest easy, now.

No comments: