As BK and Amanda can attest to, I have a problem in that one of the funniest things possible to me is to be within ear-shot of someone vomiting. As a kid, I used to have tears rolling down my face as I listened to Amanda yacking in the bathroom. I think this predominantly comes from growing up around Amanda because she was very "ninja" when she needed to vomit. You never knew when and you had NO warning. In fact, one of the funniest memories I have is my dad running towards the bathroom door of our old house on Creekwood Drive, holding my sister like a big log. Right as he was getting close to the door, she projectile vomits all over the dividing wall column between the bathroom and her room and my dad yells "NOO!". BK and I are standing in our door-way watching all of this. The moment she blows, we both run and dive onto our bunk beds, crying laughing.
So, is it wrong that I will more than likely laugh the first time I hear Summer getting sick with morning sickness? There really is no way around it because it's almost an instinct for me to laugh!
4 comments:
Whoa! You may want to curb that natural instinct to laugh at your dear, sweet wife's distress...I forsee you in exactly the same position as your Dad w/Amanda a few years down the road!! :-)
I'll see what I can do, but we're talking about 28 years of conditioning myself to laugh!
Two Fingers Gold
I'll never forget that one. After the few times we cleaned up the carpet right by the bed, I was convinced we were going to make it to the pot. Didn't. Anyway it seems funny how these scenes come back to haunt...
Post a Comment