Birthday August 25, 2007
1 Year Old
3 Years Old!
....sweet...high energy...sassy...determined...precocious...smart...bossy...fearless (sometimes)...silly...stubborn...outspoken...funny
Your favorite time of the day is PLAYTIME. No matter what it is, you're always asking me "Mommy, can we go play?" or "What should we play now Mommy?" Dress-up, puzzles, playdoh, painting, ball games, swinging, SWIMMING, batter up. You love to be going and doing.
Your favorite shows are any princess movies. The current fave is "Christmas Belle" (not my favorite) but you watch it every morning if you can. I can also talk you into watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Oso instead, but that's about it. We have bribed you into staying in your bed all night with the promise of getting to watch a princess movie in the morning. You love to get the green pillow, the white blanket and set up on the loveseat to watch it. You look so sweet and content, and love to pat next to you and invite me to join you.
Your favorite foods are:
donuts...pizza...grilled cheese...quesadillas...waffles..."eggo muffins" aka english muffins...goldfish...cheese...grapes...strawberries...pbj...french onion dip...
Some phrases in rotation:
of course my child (quoted from Ursula in Little Mermaid)...want to play?...what should we do?...that was AMAZING...it's delicious...how's that sound like? good?....she HAMMERED that...lastday (instead of yesterday)
You make up songs when you're talking to me. If I ask you do to do something, you will sing me a response as to why you can't do it. It is both maddening and endearing.
You love to sing and dance. Love to watch home movies. If a song comes on, no matter where we are you start to dance. Sometimes if you are feeling especially feisty, you'll make a crazy face and go "STAR ROCKETTE!!" (learned from Margie and meant to be "Rock Star")
You are your father's daughter. Just tonight I was laying in bed cuddling with you and could feel you straining to toot. And once you did you laughed so hard you almost threw up. Crazy kid.
You love to congratulate Claire. Even though she's been walking for months, sometimes you'll just stop her and say "Good job Claire, look Mommy she's walking! Way to go Claire!"
You love baseball and cheer for everyone "good hit guy!!"
You are ADORED by your sissy - first thing C does when she gets up from her nap is try to break into your room and wake you up.
A favorite past-time right now is singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" while bouncing on your bed. You and Margie made up little dance moves for it and use your microphones (flashlights). You also like "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer" and "Last Christmas" and several of your church songs.
We knew you were strong-willed when you refused to take a bottle for your entire babyhood, and that trend has continued. I am thankful that before you will do what others say, you must first make sure it is something you want to do. I hope this sticks with you through your teenage years.
We knew you were strong-willed when you refused to take a bottle for your entire babyhood, and that trend has continued. I am thankful that before you will do what others say, you must first make sure it is something you want to do. I hope this sticks with you through your teenage years.
We are so blessed to have you in our lives, and I can't imagine life without you. Thank you for THREE wonderful years! We love you more than words.
2 comments:
Me and your 3-year-old pretty much have all the same favorite foods...weird. Does she really say "She HAMMERED that"? She must have learned that from you & Scott. I can't believe I've never heard her say that before. And I'm sorry to hear that she takes after her father as far as the toots are concerned. That is very unfortunate. Hopefully she'll outgrow it.
What a special description of a very special little girl, we have so enjoyed watching you grow these past three years and know that there is so much more in store for us!!!
Post a Comment