Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sensitive Girl

Another note about Claire - she is VERY sensitive. She's been biting my shoulder, and I know it's because she's teething but I'm trying not to let her get into a bad habit, so I tell her "No Claire, don't bite Mommy," in somewhat of a stern voice. I mean I'm not yelling or anything, but I look at her and I have my serious face on, and every time it happens, she crinkles up her face and starts crying like I just slapped her or something. And tonight she kept grabbing some things that Scott was trying to work on and he goes "Claire!," in just a surprised type voice and she started bawling. D-R-A-M-A.

4 comments:

Amanda Bonds said...

Crying because mommy & daddy said no? Now where I have heard that before?

"Nanny, Mommy said no!!!"

Amanda Bonds said...

P.S. John says at least you have to say something to make her cry. All he has to do is be in a 5 foot vicinity. (Let's be honest, if she's really not having a good day, all he has to do is walk through the door...)

KC said...

This sounds very familiar - we went through this with our sensitive Ben. But don't worry - he grew out of it into a normal, ignore you, toddler. :-)

Manos Flacas said...

Ha-ha. I've got one of those! You have some fun times ahead. My girl can turn it on and off like a switch, and you wouldn't believe the facial expressions.