Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's been awhile..

And it will continue to be awhile before there are any real posts of substance. We've been a bit crazy around here, so here's the brief synopsis. Listed the house 5/22, received offer 5/24, accepted 5/26, had great Memorial Day weekend with friends at the lake, K had another vomiting episode (at the lake nonetheless), I pulled my back out so I'm no fun for K anymore, found a new house in Flower Mound, almost made an offer but one came up in Coppell that we liked better so offered on that one and was accepted. Closing on both June 25/26. Kind of glad my back is out since that means no packing for Momma!

The real reason I'm posting though is to document what might be the cutest thing that has ever happened to me. I was leaving for work this morning and K usually runs to the front door to wave bye-bye as we drive away. Instead, this morning she followed me all the way to the back door, waving the whole way, and when I went to close the door she yelled "UN BESITO MOMMY!!!" (it means "kiss" in spanish). I quickly opened the door and said "Oh please!" and she ran over to me and gave me a big smooch, then waved and ran to the front door. Sweetness.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

So exciting on so many levels! Congrats on it all, I can not wait to see the new digs!

Send me an email or post about what your OB says about the back and labor?!?!

Sarah said...

Ahhh, SO cute! Congrats on selling your house and finding another one so fast, I bet that's a relief. Jim showed me pics of the new one and it's beautiful! We're quite envious of the back porch with ceiling fans.

So sorry to hear about your back, hope you feel better soon.

Annie said...

Congrats!!! We loved living in Coppell!! I wish you had picked the Flower Mound house since that is close to our new house but you will love Coppell! I miss it! Hope you back is feeling better!!!

Jennifer Hemingway said...

That is great about the new house, can't wait to see it. You need lots of warm baths with that back so you will be feeling normal hopefully before baby time. We enjoyed hanging out with you guys at the lake house.

Rachel said...

Congrats on the new digs! You will have to post pictures!

And glad you enjoyed the pool while I'm chillin' (literally) up here at the North Pole!

Abbey said...

Wow, that is awesome! New house and new baby in the same week it looks like. I can't imagine, but sounds awesome!

Meredith said...

I am loving your latest posts! Congrats on the house - what a sell in the market these days! Guess it is time to go bigger! We are in and around DFW from July 10-26, so hopefully we will get to meet the latest Keith! Take care of yourself and I hope Kaitlin is feeling better!