We've had a fun couple weeks with Scott finally done with busy season. Last week we went to College Station on Monday for a PwC recruiting event that evening, but had some time during the day to play on campus. K was sleeping when we pulled into town so we got to drive around for a bit and relive our glory days - drove by the Red House, all the new athletic things on campus and then went and stopped at Double Dave's for lunch. We went back to campus and got to see the Bonfire Memorial for the first time. That was really hard for me to see, especially now as a mom. You wish you can always keep your kids safe, but that right there shows that it's not always in our hands. Here are pics from that day: A& M Trip
This weekend we went to a farm out in Grapevine for the Spring Into Nash Farms, a fun event with pony rides, petting zoo, tractor rides, etc. K was REALLY excited to get to ride in a wagon again, and to pet the ponies. It was a beautiful day to be outside enjoying spring! Nash Farms pics
Then I just posted some random pics from the week. She had corn on the cob for the first time and loved it. We got her the Learning Tower which I LOVE because it keeps her happy and near me while I'm cooking dinner. This week she got to paint in it while I was making lasagna - a favorite pastime of hers. Also some pics of her eating the sweet potato fries I made. For some reason the kid does not like mashed potatotes of any sort, so I thought I'd make some healthy fries since she loves to dip. She ate a couple and then declared "no like it." She continued to eat the ketchup though, shocker.
5 comments:
Love the baby bump! You look great! And are you brainwashing little K to be an Aggie? Hook'em Horns!
Cute pics!
Wow! So many fun times! I agree the Bonfire Memorial is heartbreaking and I wasn't even a mom when I went so I bet it is harder to see from the perspective.
I recently visited a friend whose 2 1/2 year old had the Learning Tower and she said she just loves it! I'll have to keep that one in mind.
I've been wanting the Learning Tower for awhile, but haven't bought it yet. Let me know if you like it as I'd appreciate you're review.
Abbey - I love it. We had just been using a chair but it wasn't the right height, plus I felt like it wasn't very sturdy and that she could tip it over at any point. I actually looked on Craigslist and found a deal, so I'd recommend doing that before purchasing online. There's another one out there (if you "Froogle" learning tower it will show you the other, can't remember the name) that is a bit cheaper but the reviews I read for that one weren't very positive. We've only had it for about 2 weeks and already we've used it SO much and it's made dinner preparation much less of a headache.
Loved all the pics. It is crazy how light K's hair is now. Glad to see you guys are playing so much outside! I wish we had orchards here, I remember that being on the best times that I had as a kid!
Post a Comment