Thursday, April 30, 2009

We've reached that point...

Where everyone feels like they can talk about and touch my belly. Just today at lunch I had 3 people tell me it was a boy. I don't mind at all, I actually secretly like the attention, but I still think it's a funny phenomenon that pregnant bellies are sort of community property. I do remember getting somewhat annoyed last time when people would adamantly tell me that Kaitlin was a boy and I would tell them "No, we're pretty confident it's a girl" and they still persisted. That's what's nice about this time though, I'm just there to say "We'll see!"

I had my 28 week appt this morning, and find out the glucose screening results on Monday. For kicks, I asked the nurse to look back in my chart at where I was at 28 weeks with Kaitlin, and I'm actually 4 lbs less this time (I don't bother weighing or keeping track of this at home, why bother, it is what it is). I started out lower though, so that might be some of it. I don't feel smaller this time though! I think all the running around and crawling into tents and various other places K wants me to go (usually kid-sized places) has me feeling monsterous! I am already nervous about the "2nd baby is bigger" theory, since K wasn't a lightweight by any means (9lbs 1oz and 21 in). But then there's also the "2nd baby comes early" theory, so maybe that will work in my favor!

P.S. When I told Scott this he said "Yeah, I think this time your belly is about the same, but your face isn't as big as it was with Kaitlin." Hmm, perhaps he should learn to keep his comments to himself?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I saw you in the Pringles' Vegas pics and you looked like a cute pregnant lady, not monsterous!

People always told me I was having a boy too. Once when I was about 36 weeks a man just would not let up even though I told him I'd had at least five ultrasounds confirming girl. Then I had an anxiety attack b/c we'd just finished decorating a girl room! The attention is fun, isn't it??

Anonymous said...

Next time someone touches your stomach push them down and stomp on their face. That is what Booner would do. Sounds legit! Keep the blogs coming, I so enjoy them :o)~

Smith Family said...

Yes - the community property belly. I miss those days - not really. And a second yes - Scott should keep his comments to himself...I try to work on this with him at work and I can see I have more work to do here.

Annie said...

Oh I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl! I laughed at Scott's comment- one time Brian was reading an email abt what i should expect to feel a certain week of pregnancy and it said thickening of the waist and he said oh you definitely have that- hahah- yes guys should just keep those to themselves!!

Jamie said...

you would think he would have learned by now?!?!

Summer you are beautiful and with a pregnant belly you are even more beautiful!

I am not sure I ever told you this, but you have to know that you were my inspiration. Seriosuly, when you came to the hospital when John was born, you were smaller than before you had Kaitlin and she was only 6 months old at the time. I thought about that every time I got discouraged about my weight after John, and it really helped me get motivated. THANK YOU!

Amanda Bonds said...

My brother's an idiot. I expected more by now. Unbelievable.

Scott said...

ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY MY POSITION...

I was merely trying to head-off any concerns that she was not on track in terms of the proper range of weight gain by indicating the belly region was perfectly on track, as confirmed by her doctor. However, the main difference b/w this time and last time was weight gain in other non-belly regions (e.g. less of that this time vs. last time, however not to indicate that last time was a problem).

Taryn said...

lol, this was great. I loved your husbands "clarification".

Being pregnant was the ABSOLUTE best. I loved every minute of it. Maybe that's one of the reasons it's so hard to think about adoption. :(

People would touch my belly and say "are you suuuuuuureee you're not having twins?"
Yes, obnoxious persons I am not having twins. Thanks though.
I had pre-eclampsia with Hudson and I was sooooo swollen!

Oh and one more thing :). Reagan was smaller than Hudson.
7lbs 40z
6lbs 15oz
Not by much, but good luck anyway!!!!