Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Miss Priss

It is apparent that our little girl already has a thing for accessories. This must have come directly from one of her grandmothers, or maybe Aunt Ama, because I do not have an accessorizing bone in my body. I've worn the same earrings Scott got me for Christmas 5 years ago, day in and day out. I have one Dooney & Bourke purse from 2 years ago. I don't change it for the season, let alone for the outfit I'm wearing, as some of my friends do. The point is, I'm no fashionista. However, Miss Kaitlin here, is a different story. It started with the bows I think. Since she had so much hair, I've just always had clips on hand to help keep it out of her eyes. Now whenever I put one in she likes to go look in the mirror and smile at herself, reaching up to gently touch it and say "preeeey" (her word for "pretty.)

Now she's moved on to shoes and other footwear. She's always liked shoes, I think because she can say that word really well and she gets excited that we know what she's talking about. She likes to find mine and stand in them, even though her little feet can't keep them on for one step. Her newest thing is socks. The other morning when we were in her room getting dressed for the day, she pulled out a bunch of her socks and kept laying them across her feet and pointing at them and saying "sahk" (it sounds kind of like "sock," but without the true "o" sound). So I took one pair and put them on. But apparently it's 1984 again, because she insisted on layering another pair over the ones she already had on. See the final product below, as well as a pic of her requesting to put her dad's socks on by laying them over her feet.
























And it appears doubled up socks aren't the only thing making a comeback, headbands are back on their way in too I guess.










Note the bunny in the drawer. One of her favorite things to do is empty Scott's bathroom drawer and then put random items back in. I've found the checkbook in there, her sippy cup, and several books. Who knew a bathroom drawer could be so functional?

Also, see the Shutterfly link to the right for new 13 mo pics.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Seriously laughing out loud! I don;t know if it is becuase I remember the days of layered socks (with cole haan's, or was that only me?) and headbands, or that the description of you and your accessories mirrors the level of importance I put on accessories!

I can not imagine raising a little girl - but oh my -how much fun!

The next thing you know, she will be wearing pink spandex and working out to "get in shape girl" in her room dancing to Tiffany or Belinda Carisle.

Sarah said...

Hilarious!! Kate will have to take a few lessons from her one day.

Cindi said...

Okay it had to be her Aunt Ama or her Nana Hey, as her Nannie Keith is not very good with accessorizing either. I think she is adorable and her mode of dress is probably very forward thinking. Love Nannie

Anonymous said...

I thought she was practicing her Ninja look with that headband - hilarious! And love the drawer story...but c'mon, you know where she gets the shoe fettish, MOMMY!!

Amanda Bonds said...

Haha, these pictures are great! And yes, I am afraid the accessorizing gene might be from me. I'm nervous about this retro look she's going for though. If this persists to age 2, then I will have to give her the "just because it's old, doesn't mean it's good" talk.