Sunday, September 28, 2008

First trip to the Fair!

On Saturday we took Kaitlin on her first trip to the State Fair. It had been a few years since Scott and I had last been to the Fair and it certainly was a different experience with a kiddo. Luckily, we got there early and it really didn't get crowded until we were getting ready to leave. Kaitlin had a blast seeing all of the sights and especially loved getting to see all kinds of new animals. She really wanted to take a ride on one of the rides on the Midway, but settled for viewing the bright lights and sounds from her stroller. Here are a few pics:

Kaitlin and mom starting the day












KRK checking out the turkey's. These guys were ok, but she REALLY loves the wild ones out at Nanny and Papa's cabin in New Mexico.











I was so proud of her for not being afraid of the bigger animals, as evidenced below:












We even had to watch out for the crazy ostrich who wanted to eat her fingers!











Here she is checking out a baby-goat...these guys were much more to her liking!











She REALLY liked the Shetland ponies!









She even found time to pose with her dad for a picture outside the field entrance to the Cotton Bowl. Maybe her Aggies will win a game or two on that field when she is in school!











I'd say it was a success...









7 comments:

Jamie said...

Classic.
Do you like that back carrier? Would you recommend it? We are looking for one....

Summer said...

I do like it. She is another story though. She's not a huge fan, but we're getting used to it. I think she wants to be down running around more than anything. But as far as comfort for me, it's great. Much more comfortable than the Bjorn. It's called Beco Baby, I got it at Euphoriababy.com

Amanda Bonds said...

I'm not surprised that she wasn't afraid of the animals. What's to be afraid of when your BFF is a big brown horse? A big brown horse who refuses to take crap from anyone, and isn't afraid to give crap (quite literally) to anybody who tries to pull a fast one. What's an ostrich got on that? Nothing but a weird face and a creepy beak, that's what.

By far, my favorite picture is the one of her passed out in the backpack. She actually looks small in there.

Scott said...

She was pointing right in that ostrich's grill...just begging it to GIVE HER A REASON!!!!

Annie said...

Hi Summer! Kaitlin is soo cute! I love the picture of her asleep in the back carrier! I died laughing at the video of her falling asleep while eating! Sutton has done that a few times! Hilarious!

We should get together soon! I just work part time now (love it!) so I would love to meet up. We are pretty free the next few weeks so just let me know if yall are!

Staci said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I love that carrier!

McGilvray Family said...

Hi Summer~
Your post on Kaitlyn falling asleep eating was GREAT! I couldn't stop laughing!! It sounds like your husband may be going on an elk hunt next year........???