Monday, June 23, 2008

Memories and Thanksgiving

Kaitlin has been out of the womb now for as long as she was in (well, technically it's sometime next week since she was a week overdue, making it a total of 41 weeks, but close enough). For some reason I keep thinking about this, maybe it's because I'm sort of reliving my pregnancy through all my currently pregnant friends. When I look at Kaitlin, I am in awe of what an amazing Creator we have. To think that she grew from 2 tiny cells, into this crawling, talking, almost walking little human being - it truly is so incredible. I remember reading the week by week guide telling what was going on in there while I was pregnant. Whether it was the "boring" beginning entries talking about the embryo, or the later, exciting entries when we learned she could hear her daddy reading to her, I was always so excited to devour whatever information I could about what was going on inside there. And now, to be able to see and experience the changes she goes through on a daily basis, I can't even put into words how amazing it is. I am so thankful for our precious baby girl, and even more humbled that we were entrusted with such a wonderful gift from God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a loving tribute, dear Summer, to our Lord God, Creator of all. Only a mother, having carried & given birth to such a miracle could be so moved to write what you have written. And Scott has been blessed in also witnessing this miracle of life. Parenthood changes everything, & Kaitlin is twice blessed to have you & Scott as her mommy & daddy. May God continue to bless you all - Love,
Nana

Amanda Bonds said...

Yes, it was a lovely entry, and I am in full agreement with all that was said BUT...

"Boring" info about embryology?? Yeah, dumb gametic cells with their stupid small structures and only half the number of chromosomes coming together to form a human being! It must be boring if it's microscopic, right? Stupid molecular biology.

I take offense.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amanda! I'm with you...how rude! What was she thinking??!!! Luckily you're her Godmother & will set her straight...:-)

Sarah said...

How amazing, you make me even more excited for our little girl to get here! I have been fascinated and thrilled by pregnancy so far and I can only imagine how it will multiply when we finally meet our daughter. I'm so glad we have friends going through parenthood at the same time in our lives so we can marvel at it together!