Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleep, glorious sleep!

I'm hesitant to post about this in case I jinx us, but it seems Miss Kaitlin might be getting her cute little bottom on somewhat of a schedule! Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights she slept from 10:30/11ish all the way until 5:00/5:30ish! I of course woke up at 3am each night to check and see if she was breathing, just because I'm so used to a middle of the night feeding for the little chunker. And then last night was the coup de grace - 11:15 until 6am! While it wasn't that much longer than the previous nights, this night had special significance because I put her down at 10:30 wide awake and she just hung out looking around and cooing to herself until she fell asleep ON HER OWN at 11:15!! WOOHHOOOOO!!!! This might have had something to do with the hysterical 45 minutes Scott spent trying to get her to take a bottle at 9pm, but I'll take it every time! She probably just wanted both of our grimy hands off her by that point! It's amazing though that I'm getting excited over 6 continuous hours of sleep, when I used to be a 9 hour minimum kind of girl. I feel positively refreshed and ready to do anything after a stretch like that! And I feel it's a blessing because Chunk was always up with me for the middle of the night feeding, following me to her room to supervise the diaper change, hanging out with me when she wouldn't go back to sleep. I think when I do have to do one again it will be tough, but at least I've had a reprieve for these past few days.

Back to the hysterical 45 minutes I referenced earlier, Kaitlin is not very fond of the bottle. We've tried Dr. Browns, Avent, Playtex and Medela and none seem to be to her liking. Poor Scott has to wrestle with her to get her to take it, and half the time she's either screaming, flailing, or gagging because she's screaming and flailing so hard. We're still working on it though and hopefully she'll get the hang of it before I have to go back to work, otherwise I feel for the people at Dallas Presbyterian (her daycare for my 2 month stint at full time work).

No comments: