Sunday, March 3, 2013

I JUST LOVE MY BLACK HEADBAND!!!

If you look through pictures from the last 6 or so months, you will notice a trend:

excuse the blueberry stained mouth

just your typical sat morning in feb.  sunbathing and reading.

cheerio craft

this is the definition of claire

another typical sat morning.  sleeping in the driveway

quite possibly the best 3yo scooter rider ever
Notice anything similar in all the pics?  Yes, the black headband is verging on an obsession.  I don't remember when the whole headband thing started.  I think it was shortly after Bryn's newborn pics when we had her wear the rose one.  So going strong for over a year now.  She's very self-sufficient, gets herself dressed and ready every day, usually before coming out of her room at all.  So it's not like she is demanding about it, she just takes care of it herself.  However, if we go somewhere on the scooter or bike, and I forget to keep her headband with me for after she takes her helmet off at our destination - watch out!  She even went through a phase where she wore it at night while sleeping.  She is a bit OCD about having hair in her face, but she won't let me pull it back in any form or fashion (and rarely lets me brush it - she must do it herself you know).  Hair down with the headband is the only option, and preferably the black one.  I think b/c it is a thick one and really does keep the hair out of her face.

The other thing you will notice if you went through all our pics is the same 4 or 5 shirts and 4 or 5 pairs of leggings in heavy rotation.  She refuses to wear dresses or skirts, just leggings and preferably a Hello Kitty shirt.  I just had to finally throw out most of the leggings shown above since they all have holes in the knees.  So funny since at this age, the only thing Kaitlin would wear was dresses.  Of course that would be the way it went, so I had to buy all new clothes for the anti-dress girl b/c we literally didn't own pants for Kaitlin.

Getting back to the title of this post though, this Saturday morning I was hanging out in the girls room while they got dressed, and Claire was (as usual) buzzing around her room in her semi-frantic state getting dressed as efficiently and quickly as possible b/c that's how she does things.  At one point, she wasn't even talking to anyone more than herself, I heard her say, thru clenched teeth in kind of a crazy kid voice "I JUST LOVE MY BLACK HEADBAND" as she passed by it on her dresser.  OMG I could not stop laughing, and have re-enacted it for Scott with the same clenched teeth close to 25 times so far now.  I'm not saying I have a favorite, b/c of course I love all my kids equally, but that Claire Bear - she and I are like 2 peas in a pod.   She is SO WEIRD and I just love her to pieces!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't stop laughing, picturing this!!

Jamie said...

I can not even begin to understand... our worlds are so different, but we are so alike!

KC said...

This is making me laugh! I can TOTALLY SEE THIS HAPPENING> LIKE I am there! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh CB.

I love the visual evidence you provided. hahahaha.